• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SIPDroid Set-Up Help

tiredhiker

Jan 3, 2009
I am trying to set up SIPDROID G1 Application but it is confusing. I registered with 12voip:
SIP port : 5060
Registrar : sip.12voip.com
Proxy server : sip.12voip.com
Outbound proxy server : leave empty
Account name : your 12Voip username
Password : your 12Voip password
Display name/number : your 12Voip username or voipnumber
Stunserver (option) : stun.12voip.com

BUT it is confusing as to how to give this info to http://pbxes.org/

Can Anyone help?

I am sure there are many that want to set up SIP on their G1...

I made a free phone call to a US Mobile phone and left some Voicemail. I did it over the EDGE network here in Vietnam. I was charged 1000 vnd for DATA or about 5.5 cents here in Nam. I will try a longer call over WIFI today and see if I get charged anything. I am not sure what made the call over EDGE, the SIP or my phone. If a longer call over WIFI results in no charges to my phone then I will know that its working. So far super easy once I connected directly to the SIP server. The Pbxs website must turn away over 90% of thoses that want to try SIP. Its way to confusing to the normal person.

Upvote 0
I read in your other post that you have a magicjack... why are you using 12voip.com instead of setting up your magicjack on PBXes? I've been using sipdroid/pbxes/magicjack all together for several months now and it rocks. In the thread you listed I posted a walk through on how to setup your magicjack and such on pbxes.

All you need to do is get your Sip credentials from your magicjack. You can do that by going to Log in | Unofficial magicJack forum but you will need to sign up for their forums. Its a pretty easy process and I love having a wifi phone as I am also overseas on work but I am in Egypt.

Upvote 0
Can I directly link to majic jack with sipdroid? I am at a wifi spot right now. I can not get a call through. With or without my sim in the phone. The call that went through before most likely went through my phone normaly. So far sip not working. I will try tpad.com next and try the magic jack info too. They have online help.

Upvote 0
Last night my time after I failed with wifi I went home and read up. I then tried Gizmo5 over edge but it wiuld not register using sippdroid. I will try them today over wifi. Guess I can not contact mj directly for help as using them with a sip phone will terminate my service agreement. Has anyone been caught doing it?

Upvote 0
This morning I went to wifi hotspot and gizmo5 is working ! I can use the echo service and calls to my us number stop at a recording that says I need gizmo5 credits. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to the makers of SIPDROID.COM I no longer have to put up with the FAKE VOIP services ! 2cents a minute to call us phones from Vietnam... 12voip.com is not working for me here but I will try again. I will try tpad.com too but did not have my password today to try it. There are many sip provifders out there. Try them all as some offer free calling. 12voip.com has so called free. Put 10 down and call for 3 months. That's why I went there first. I will play with majic jack too as that's already paid for at 30 a year.

Upvote 0
If you follow the link I gave you a few posts up you can get your Magicjack SIP cred in less than 5 minutes. I've had my magicjack running through PBXes for over 1.5years now. The thing is once you setup your magicjack you NEVER plug the doggle back into your computer as magicjack would be running from two places.

Also, the connection issue at home might be a port being blocked. Here in Egypt my ISP blocks port 5060 because they offer their own VoIP service. So I had to switch to port 5061(Not sure if gizmo allows that).

This morning I went to wifi hotspot and gizmo5 is working ! I can use the echo service and calls to my us number stop at a recording that says I need gizmo5 credits. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to the makers of SIPDROID.COM I no longer have to put up with the FAKE VOIP services ! 2cents a minute to call us phones from Vietnam... 12voip.com is not working for me here but I will try again. I will try tpad.com too but did not have my password today to try it. There are many sip provifders out there. Try them all as some offer free calling. 12voip.com has so called free. Put 10 down and call for 3 months. That's why I went there first. I will play with majic jack too as that's already paid for at 30 a year.

Upvote 0
I tried port 5061. Will not register. I signed up at 4 other sip servers. Some will not work at all but some try but no recording to say I need an annount / money. Gizmo5 is the best they have a sample number 18005558355 and if you say travel. Hotels they will connect you to a hotel chain. Talked to a lady at howartd johnsons hotels for a while. Call is a bit choppy but understabdable.

Upvote 0
The call should only be choppy if your having connection problems. Sounds like I am talking on a regular LAN line whenever I connect to PBXes. You can use port 5061 if you setup your gizmo or magicjack account through PBXes.

I tried port 5061. Will not register. I signed up at 4 other sip servers. Some will not work at all but some try but no recording to say I need an annount / money. Gizmo5 is the best they have a sample number 18005558355 and if you say travel. Hotels they will connect you to a hotel chain. Talked to a lady at howartd johnsons hotels for a while. Call is a bit choppy but understabdable.

Upvote 0
If you want your password to your Tpad VoIP / SIP Account then send me a PM with your personal Tpad SIP Number.

If you need any SIP Settings for Tpad:

Username: Your 7 Digit Tpad Number (e.g. 1126789)
Auth ID: Your 7 Digit Tpad Number (e.g. 1126789)
Password: Your Tpad Password when you created a Tpad Account
SIP Domain: sip.tpad.com
Proxy: sip.tpad.com
Real / Domain: sip.tpad.com
SIP Port: 5060 or 8891 or 8791 or 80
STUN (if audio problems): stun.tpad.com
STUN Port: 3478
Full STUN Settings: stun.tpad.com:3478
Other STUN Servers: stun.fwdnet.net:3478

If you guys need any other help or free testing credit then give me a shout!

Regards
Steven Johns
Tpad.com - The Global VoIP Network
Provider of Consumer and Business Class Telephone Systems and Solutions

Upvote 0
I tried the tpad when I was at the hotspot. It registered using sipdroid but call would not go through. But I will keep trying. I am in vietnam so I expect problems but so far I am getting close. I want at least two providers as you need a backup. I am not good enough to get the majic jack configured. I also need the push buttons when using it to deal with the credit card companies. They are always freezing my cards because I am in nam. This is cheap enough for me. But 23 cents a minute with the so called voip services is way too much. The majic jack works fine 4 out of 5 times because internet cafes are too full. I just don't like to talk at a crowded internet cafe. Rather be at the riverside cafe talking on my G1.

Upvote 0
So far only Gizmo5 is working but only over WiFi. Any other sip providers that are know to work directly with sipdroid? I will keep trying with Tpad for another week. I want two sip providers in case one is down. I have already tried port 5061 with Gizmo5. It will not register with it. Any other know working ports?

Upvote 0
You can setup PBXes to use both your Magicjack and your Gizmo account... then you can use port 50601 if your isp is blocking 5060.

So far only Gizmo5 is working but only over WiFi. Any other sip providers that are know to work directly with sipdroid? I will keep trying with Tpad for another week. I want two sip providers in case one is down. I have already tried port 5061 with Gizmo5. It will not register with it. Any other know working ports?

Upvote 0
To make Low Cost International Numbers using Tpad you have to dial in this exact format, you may also have to select Call --> Internet Call:

Dial 9 + 00 + Country Code of the destination your are dialling + Area Code + Contact Number

The Tpad Format of Dialling International / Worldwide Telephone Numbers:

UK Landline = 9004412827777XX
Pakistan Landline = 900923456789XX
India Landline = 9009123456789XX
US Landline = 90012345678XX
UK Mobile = 900447973304XX
Pakistan Mobile = 90092345678912XX
India Mobile = 900913123456XX
US Mobile = 90012345678XX

How to make Free Calls (Tpad to Tpad / IP to IP / VoIP Device to VoIP Device):

Simply dial the 7 digit Tpad Number of your Friend (the tpad number is free when you create a free account)

e.g. Dial 1126789 and press the Green Button.

Upvote 0
Got back to my hotel and played with tpad a bit. Using port 8891 it will connect and make a call over edge network. Port 5060 works with wifi but over edge it is blocked. call is very choppy but late night it will work better. it will however let a call come through to me I would think. I find it all very interesting.....

Upvote 0
I have a HTC Hero running android 1.5, I have sipdroid lite as I think thats all I need. I have put in the details for my sipgate account which still has a bit of credit but sipdroid just keeps timing out when trying to register. I have PhonerLite working, can anyone help me solve this issue?

Edit: I have tried the full version with the same results. I have checked my account it is still active.

Andy

Upvote 0
Hi, guys
I was wandering if you can answer one of my questions.
You see, I want to use my unlocked android phone (on which I have No cell phone providers) to make calls using Wifi network.
I have an unlimited amount of wifi connection all over the city, so I don't want to sign-on with any cellphone providers. My goal is to use android-enabled-phone to make and receive cell-phone calls.

Now, I am not sure if Tpad - is the stuff that will provide me with this capability.

I posted extensive question thread about this, but alas I am progressing very slowly:
How to use free internet with Android without cell plan? Android And Me Forums

Will sipdroid and tpad give me what I want?

ANY help or point in the right direction is appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones