• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sipdroid Sound Strength (of person who calling me)

MsVi

Lurker
Feb 12, 2011
USA
Thanks to Lex I've got my Galaxy Tab dialed in for calls. My husband says I sound great and clear. He sounds good and clear as well but...I can barely hear him! I took a look at the audio codecs but I have no idea which ones are better and if one would actually boost the sound or not. I've tried turning up in tab sound options not knowing which would help but I cranked them all up and nothing changed but the dings and chimes from the tab/apps it's self. I've tried calls with ear buds plugged in and with nothing plugged in. I don't have a true phone headset bt or otherwise as of yet. My old bt crapped out on me.

So my question is there a way to boost the sound? Is it something that needs adjust on PBXes or Google Voice possibly?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones