1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Sirius/XM app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Chuck1906, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2009
    Can someone explain to me the Sirius/XM app. On the app it says its FREE if your already a subscriber to the service or that its included with what you pay for your main service whether it be in your car or home. However I couldn't find anything to validate that and so I opted to do the 7 day trial instead of signing up to pay $2.99 a month to have it on my phone for now. I do have XM radio in my truck. A friend of mine suggested I use Pandora instead is that any good?

Advertisement

2. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Android Expert
    None

Apr 15, 2010
    Engineer
    New York
    Yes the app itself is free but you have to pay extra even if you have a subscription. Pandora is great but it's a bit different then XM, as that you pick a song/theme/artist and the app builds a station around that song. It doesn't help as much as discovering new stuff like XM but it works well.

3. taxiron1

taxiron1 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    As was said already, you do have to pay for Sirious/XM internet service, in addition to your primary service. I believe $2.99 a month. Pandora does not have the Sirious/XM content. But if you are happy with the content on Pandora, go with it.