• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sirius/XM Online Media Player App

I'm not afraid to get a little dirty, can you offer any advice or instructions to save me a little frustration?
Pete

If you don't mind a little work, you can make this happen with a couple desktop programs

SiriusStreamer - Sirius Internet Radio Stream Proxy

and TVersity to transcode the streams for use with Android

It took me a lot of trial and error, but it works. At least until Sirius finds another way to screw it's paying customers.

Upvote 0
I'm not afraid to get a little dirty, can you offer any advice or instructions to save me a little frustration?
Pete
Hi. I'm actually the developer of SiriusStreamer. I have a new version that I will be releasing in the next day or so that takes all of the grunt work out of using TVersity to transcode the streams. If you'd like to test it out in it's "rough" stages, and don't mind the possibility of a few bugs, PM me.

TheEndless

Upvote 0
Rather than service individual requests, I've decided to go ahead and release the latest version, which includes TVersity transcoding support. Please visit the website to download: SiriusStreamer - Sirius Internet Radio Stream Proxy

Please note, this application does not run on your Android device. It requires a Windows PC to host the application with the configured ports accessible to your device.

Please feel free to ask any question that you may have. Thanks!

TheEndless

Upvote 0
Rather than service individual requests, I've decided to go ahead and release the latest version, which includes TVersity transcoding support. Please visit the website to download: SiriusStreamer - Sirius Internet Radio Stream Proxy

Please note, this application does not run on your Android device. It requires a Windows PC to host the application with the configured ports accessible to your device.

Please feel free to ask any question that you may have. Thanks!

TheEndless

why doesn't it get Howard 100 & 101?

Upvote 0
Endless. I tried your program on windows 7 with Orb. It starts opening many ports on my router till my router slows to nothing. It starts with the default port then opens another one 1 port up and then another port one number up from this. It does this about 20 times, then again.

I like the program and it does work, but I cant do anything else with all my router ports being open.

Have you seen this before

Upvote 0
Endless. I tried your program on windows 7 with Orb. It starts opening many ports on my router till my router slows to nothing. It starts with the default port then opens another one 1 port up and then another port one number up from this. It does this about 20 times, then again.

I like the program and it does work, but I cant do anything else with all my router ports being open.

Have you seen this before
That's definitely not SiriusStreamer! The only port it needs is the one configured on the Configuration tab, and that needs to be opened manually in your firewall. If you're using Orb, I don't think even that port needs to be open to the outside. It sounds like Orb may be doing something funky. Unfortunately, I've never used Orb, so I'm not at all familiar with it or the ports it needs, but opening 20 does sound a bit excessive. It may be worth posting over on the Orb forums to see if anyone there has any ideas: Orb Community - View forum - Orb for Windows

Sorry I can't offer any more assistance than that...
TheEndless

Upvote 0
Hey Endless,
can you tell me if there is going to be an app for xm radio (for droid) in the near future. It would be great to get my skydoc out of my car.
The next version of SiriusStreamer will actually be called SiriusXMStreamer and include XM support. I expect to have that ready in the next couple of days.

You could also try XMTuner which is available now: XM Tuner - Stream XM Radio to your media player

If you're looking for a native Droid application, I'm not sure if anyone is working on one of those.

TheEndless

Upvote 0
The next version of SiriusStreamer will actually be called SiriusXMStreamer and include XM support. I expect to have that ready in the next couple of days.

You could also try XMTuner which is available now: XM Tuner - Stream XM Radio to your media player

If you're looking for a native Droid application, I'm not sure if anyone is working on one of those.

TheEndless

This looks promising. The windows and wm5 apps work great.
The new Verizon Droid - GeeksToolbox Forums

Upvote 0
As soon as I installed (1.50) and tried to run, I got an error:

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : siriusxmstreamer.exe P2 : 1.5.0.6863
P3 : 4b3087f4 P4 : siriusxmstreamer P5 : 1.5.0.6863 P6 : 4b3087f4
P7 : a2 P8 : 35e P9 : system.io.filenotfoundexception

I hope this helps you.
Pete (windows xp pro)
Pete,
Please make sure you have Microsoft.Net Framework 3.5 installed on your machine and try it again.

Upvote 0
Has anyone successfully installed this on the Droid??? I've tried and I get the content not support on this phone. Just wanted to check, or I may not have the .net framework you mentioned above, btw, what is the link to get the .net framework?

Thanks community

I just Got it up and running on my Droid and its working great! I installed the SiriusXMStreamer and the installed orb on my computer ( I have a Mac so I also installed windows). I went to the homepage of Orb and sign in to my account. Went to audio portion in Orb, went to the custom settings in audio and copied the name and url from the SiriusXMStreamer to my orb account. Went to my browser on my Droid and went to the Orb site and signed in. There was my Howard 100 channel there and it worked perfectly! Thanks endless! I have been looking for something else since USirius stopped working.

Upvote 0
Hello Developer, the whole orb thing is way to much effort for me. If you can find a way to get your app working on the droid people will even pay for your app, so long as you can get it out before flash gets released. HUGE PROFIT OPPORTUNITY, sirius listening is a huge demand, especially since we can connect our droid directly to our car stereo system and eliminate the use of anything else other then just our phone.
keep us updated on this thread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones