1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Siriusxm and Android 11

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by lunatic59, Oct 3, 2020.

1. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum
    Moderator Thread Starter

Anyone else seeing a constant crash of the Sirius app after upgrading to 11? Mine drops out to the home screen every few minutes.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. olbriar

olbriar  

I'm still on 10 but have experienced problems of Sirius dropping out or trouble connecting the past couple of weeks. 11 might not be the problem. It is a random problem for me but I've not experienced it until recently.

3. lunatic59

Moderator Thread Starter

There was an app update last year ... or was it in 2018? ... that caused the same problem. But since then the app has been rock solid for me, until I got 11. Last night in an hour it crapped out on me 4 times. When it happens, the app isn't even listed in history, so it's definitely an app crash and not a connection issue.

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

not on 11 yet, still on 10 with my note 10+, but i have no issues when using sirius. curious to see what other android 11 users experience.

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I think it is the app. I have to start my app and let it search for signal, then swipe it off the recents to close it, then reopen it at which point it crashes on the blue splash screen, then the third time it will open fine. Happens whether I'm on good wifi (home), crappy wifi (work), or cell signal.

ocnbrze and lunatic59 like this.
  6. lunatic59

Moderator Thread Starter

It does seem the more times I restart it, the longer it goes until it crashes.

ocnbrze and Unforgiven like this.
  7. sweedzel

sweedzel Lurker

My Sirius app stops playing after a few minutes after updating to Android 11. This app would at times stop playing and stating that it was looking for a network before updating to 11. I think it has to do with Sirius. or the app not working well. I never have this problem using a computer and streaming.

Forum

com.sirius

No Car Required. Listen to more than 300+ channels including ad-free music, plus sports, comedy, news and talk on your phone, online and at home. Discover new music and channels with personalized recommendations. Create Personalized Stations Powered by Pandora based on the artists you love. Find the music you want to hear, on now and ad-free. Discover 100+ ad-free Xtra channels filled with music for any mood, occasion or activity. Watch SiriusXM videos of groundbreaking interviews, intimate musical performances & episodes from the Howard Stern Show. Catch 24/7 sports talk and live game coverage. MLB Network Radio™, SiriusXM NBA Radio, SiriusXM® NHL Network Radio™, SiriusXM PGA TOUR® Radio, SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio, dedicated college conference channels like ACC Radio, Big Ten Radio, and more.

READ MORE
February 22, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
10M+
Installs