1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SiriusXM No Longer Working over 3g?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by danmcq, Feb 4, 2011.

1. danmcq

danmcq Newbie

Anyone else having issues with the SiriusXM app? Since they merged their sites last night I can no longer connect over 3g, only wifi. I really hope this is not a new policy.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jewelcop405

jewelcop405 Lurker

I've had my EVO 4G for a little over a week and have not yet been able to connect over 3G with the sxm app. After about 1 - 2 minutes of trying I get the error message "Unable To Acquire Data Connection" each and every time I try. It does however capture the pad data. Never had this issue on my iPhone over 3G so I'm thinking they need to tweak the android app.

3. danmcq

danmcq Newbie

I'm not happy the app isn't working over cellular, but I am glad to hear that I'm not the only one. I'm using a Droid X on Verizon. I sent their customer service an e-mail today, hopefully they will send something of a response.

4. jewelcop405

jewelcop405 Lurker

I found a solution that seemed to have worked. This requires that your EVO be rooted. Results may vary dependent upon what kind of down speed you are getting in the area you are in. The instructions can be found at the following link.

HTC EVO 4G: Fix Music Streaming And (Maybe) Boost Your 3G Speeds With A Simple Hack | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police

Shoot, just noticed that you have a Droid X. Well, maybe this info will help someone out there with an EVO.