• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sister want a T-Bolt. Yay/Nay?

AMTrombley0924

Android Enthusiast
Jun 2, 2010
California
I know I might get a biased answer here, but I need info from current users.

My sister's played with a T-bolt and really likes it. BUT, I know that last few software updates from VZW have caused random reboots and all, but I heard a new update has fixed this. Also, have people figured out practices to extend the battery life to at least 12 hours?

So: Is this a good time to get a T-bolt? My sister isn't interested in root, so those kinds of solutions won't work.

She's the kind of person to be less technically savvy, and needs things to "just work"

What does she use now? What does she like about a TB? She might just like Android and that opens up a lot of options. If the physical design of the TB is what has her attention, she's in good company.

My wife uses an LG Dare, I got her interested in Android with a Galaxy Tab and she's perfectly satisfied with that combo. A TB, or any small factor touchscreen would be fail for her preferences, to each their own.

One thing I would recommend is that you wait to begin her 14 day trial period until after the upcoming software maintenance release is out. Search the term "MR2" to track that, it is presently in the neighborhood of the 15th but you know how useful rumored dates are. MR2's details are still being figured out, but the fixes seem good at first glance. There is a leak circulating in the forums for rooted users.

Upvote 0
She ended up getting an incredible 2.

She really wanted sense for all of the social networking stuff, and customization. She was coming from an original Droid, and really needed something stable compared to the shitty froyo update that VZW left her with. Since the inc 2 and tbolt are the same, I guess stability was more important than getting unlimited 4G.

Thanks for the feedback though, guys

Upvote 0
I know I might get a biased answer here, but I need info from current users.

My sister's played with a T-bolt and really likes it. BUT, I know that last few software updates from VZW have caused random reboots and all, but I heard a new update has fixed this. Also, have people figured out practices to extend the battery life to at least 12 hours?

So: Is this a good time to get a T-bolt? My sister isn't interested in root, so those kinds of solutions won't work.

She's the kind of person to be less technically savvy, and needs things to "just work"
There was only one update. not the last few. The new update thats out for manual install seems to fix many things. I think she will enjoy the Dinc 2. If its anything like the original Dinc it will be a great phone.

Upvote 0
It IS a great phone. I've had it since launch day, and I absolutely love it. I didn't think she'd want it tho. We somehow always end up with the same phone. LG Voyager (yes, the olden days :p), Moto Droid, now the Inc 2.

I'm sorry the T-bolt is getting so much grief. This phone seems like it has such great potential, being a 4G phone with pretty good specs (especially the 700+ RAM). Hopefully you guys get GB that fixes all of this and gets you all back on track.

And if you're rooted, well...you don't need me to hope for a fix for ya! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones