• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Siyah 2.6.2 - A Dummies Guide to installation & settings

Just a question about the charging current. Mine were set to 650mA, 550mA, and 450mA as the default settings. And what does the setting mean?

The handset will draw 650mA when connected to AC, 550mA on MISC (car charger) and 450mA on USB. Iirc only 650mA and 450mA are actually recognised, and it's been determined that higher settings won't have any effect anyway.

Upvote 0
My lulzactive 1.1 settings won't stay after a reboot, and yes Set at Boot is selected. Any ideas why? Siyah 2.6.8, CheckRom Rev HD.

Since lulzactive is not the default governor on Siyah 2.6.8 you must ensure that it is set and saved as, "Save as boot settings", in Voltage Control, using the init.d script option.

Reactions: Kie
Upvote 0
Since lulzactive is not the default governor on Siyah 2.6.8 you must ensure that it is set and saved as, "Save as boot settings", in Voltage Control, using the init.d script option.

Ah, using init.d option! That did the trick. Maybe update your original post with that gem of a tip, since Voltage Control has changed to give a recommended system option instead of init.d.

Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0
Thanks for this information. Now I have ROM CheckRom RevoHD with Siyah kernel 2.6.11.

Regarding to kernel clean, I've only found version 1.3 (1.4 is missing). Is that OK? So, I used 1.3.

After applying this changes, should I keep using Juice Defender or not?
I was also using SetCPU. Now I will freeze it to avoid crashes with Voltage Control.

Any recommendations will be very welcome as well as let me know things I am doing wrong or should change to optimize things.

Thanks again for your valuable thread and cooperation.

Upvote 0
Thanks for this information. Now I have ROM CheckRom RevoHD with Siyah kernel 2.6.11.

Regarding to kernel clean, I've only found version 1.3 (1.4 is missing). Is that OK? So, I used 1.3.

After applying this changes, should I keep using Juice Defender or not?
I was also using SetCPU. Now I will freeze it to avoid crashes with Voltage Control.

Any recommendations will be very welcome as well as let me know things I am doing wrong or should change to optimize things.

Thanks again for your valuable thread and cooperation.

hawker's v1.3 is fine.

Blame hawker for moving the location of his kernel cleaning script. I've amended the links... yet again... in this thread and the v2.6.11 thread.

Personally, I'd lose Juice Defender as, if you have configured your phone to run correctly, you don't need it and it eats battery.

I recommend sticking with Voltage Control, just make sure you save your settings as init.d, rather than SetCPU.

Now grab a large drink of anything that takes your fancy and start reading here:-

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-.../491113-battery-saving-tips-rooted-sgsii.html

Good luck! ;)

Upvote 0
hawker's v1.3 is fine.

Blame hawker for moving the location of his kernel cleaning script. I've amended the links... yet again... in this thread and the v2.6.11 thread.

Personally, I'd lose Juice Defender as, if you have configured your phone to run correctly, you don't need it and it eats battery.

I recommend sticking with Voltage Control, just make sure you save your settings as init.d, rather than SetCPU.

Now grab a large drink of anything that takes your fancy and start reading here:-

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-.../491113-battery-saving-tips-rooted-sgsii.html

Good luck! ;)

Just link to my kernel cleaner thread butty. The latest links are all in post #1 at your previous behest! :)

Upvote 0
hawker's v1.3 is fine.

----------------------------------------------------

Thanks again for help and advices.
After setting lulzactive and checking Set On Boot, if I reboot and start lulzactive again all settings seem to go back to default :thinking:. Is that OK or What should I do to save settings properly? 2nd Core and Voltage Control are OK.
I will also read Battery Saving Tips. Thanks for that link too.-

Upvote 0
lulzactive still goes back to default values even after changing Voltage Control setting to... Save as boot settings> init.d script, Any ideas pls ?

Personally, I would move on to a later Siyah version than 2.6.2, see here:-

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...0-11-dummies-guide-installation-settings.html

These require a lot less ancillary app's to operate. See my comments on lulzactive app in post #2 in the above link.

If you prefer 2.6.2 and the lulzactive app you could try, in Voltage Control, "Remove Boot settings" and reboot. Then save your settings via init.d and see if that helps.

Upvote 0
Personally, I would move on to a later Siyah version than 2.6.2, see here:-

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...0-11-dummies-guide-installation-settings.html

These require a lot less ancillary app's to operate. See my comments on lulzactive app in post #2 in the above link.

If you prefer 2.6.2 and the lulzactive app you could try, in Voltage Control, "Remove Boot settings" and reboot. Then save your settings via init.d and see if that helps.

Im using siyah 2.6.11..ill try to remove lulcative and reinstalll bk again if ur suggestion didnt work out for me...will give feedback on this..ty for reply

Upvote 0
Thts realy frustrating nothing worked out for me, luzcartive governer settings u posted was the only which improved my battery life. dont have much knowledge to set other governers, i think i should upgrade to siyah 2,6,12. hope this solve the problem

Have you actually read post #2, here:-

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...7-12-dummies-guide-installation-settings.html

and in particular, my views on the lulzactive app v1.1...

"lulzactive 1.1

For tweaking the lulzactive governor in the Siyah 2.6.7 -> 12 kernels although I feel that this app may now be redundant with the tweaks for the lulzactive governor that are incorporated in the kernel.
"

Why not try the settings that are laid out in post #2, which are for Siyah kernels 2.6.7 -> 12, rather than trying to adapt the v2.6.2 settings to v2.6.11.

Upvote 0

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...7-12-dummies-guide-installation-settings.html

"lulzactive 1.1

For tweaking the lulzactive governor in the Siyah 2.6.7 -> 12 kernels although I feel that this app may now be redundant with the tweaks for the lulzactive governor that are incorporated in the kernel."

Why not try the settings that are laid out in post #2, which are for Siyah kernels 2.6.7 -> 12, rather than trying to adapt the v2.6.2 settings to v2.6.11.

Ty ironass, i'll tweak other settings in voltage control as you mentioned in post #2 excluding lulzactive 1.1 though i tried them before with smartass2 and sio scheduler the drainage was bit more than usual thats why i moved on to 2.6.2 settings. probably i should i try ondemand with sio and if i had trouble with the battery drain again, i'll try different governers using same 2.6.7 tweaks hopping for good results.

Upvote 0

"lulzactive 1.1

For tweaking the lulzactive governor in the Siyah 2.6.7 -> 12 kernels although I feel that this app may now be redundant with the tweaks for the lulzactive governor that are incorporated in the kernel.
"

Today -04-05-2012- Which one you prefer? Neak or Siyah? I've seen you're using Siyah 2.6.14. Is that right?
Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones