1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Size

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by acipollo, May 29, 2010.

1. excav8ter

excav8ter Android Enthusiast

How big is it compared to the Hero? can anyone post a side by side picture? I am getting the evo and giving the hero to my son.

Advertisement

2. Lefort1

Lefort1 Android Enthusiast

Likewise we get many Evo trolls in the Incredible forum trying to make it seem like the Incredible is some substandard POS.

Regardless some will feel the Evo4G (like the HD2) is too big.

Other will argue the Incredible is to small.

Apples and oranges, in the end HTC has created something for everyone.

3. acipollo

acipollo Well-Known Member

From what the paper said from the conference, it looks like 69 a month for everything.
    And by too big, I don't mean too big like screen, etc., I mean just to have in my hand all day. I love the big screen. It is brighter and better outside than the Incredible, but the color black is much better on the Incredible.
    My heart breaks because I have 5 lines on VZW, so if I change to Sprint again( I was with them from 1997-2009) I'll end up bringing all my lines. So I am not sure what I'm going to do yet. AND, the voice service and and quality(on the EVO) here in NY is blatantly better than the average Sprint phone.
    If I sell it? $450 :)
    If its for OTD, $50

4. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Android Enthusiast

Whats your feeling on the size of the phone in your pocket? Do you carry the incredible in your pocket. I refuse to wear a holster (sorry to offend anyone). And i do keep my Hero in my pocket. I always kept my iphone in my pocket as well. Does this phone just feel to big for you to put in the pocket? Now some people are not pocket guys. I have always kept cases on my phones. Slim cases that are non gel. I liked innocase slider in the iphone days. I actually like my case to have some slip. I hate when im trying to answer a call and the phone is stuck in the pocket because of some sticky gel case.

One other issue that really concerns me. When you call this phone from another line, how many times do you hear it ring before your EVO starts ringing? The Hero has terrible ring lag that at times gives me about 3 seconds to answer the phone before it goes to voice mail. People always ask me why my phone rang so many times before i answered it. The other people cant ask me because they are talking to my voice mail.

Thanks.

nikkihp79 likes this.
  5. effluent

effluent Android Enthusiast

Speaking of dummy phones..The Best Buy here had two out. Then was at the Sprint Store later in the day and they told me that no, BB doesn't have dummy phones, they aren't allowed to. Insisted they did and they actually got kinda rude about it. Harumph!

6. acipollo

@tmaxey1 I rarely carry in my pocket. But when I do, it seems big. I'm afraid I'll break it.. But I generally don't carry ANY phone in my pocket.
    Also, I had the MSL so I changed the slot cycle to 0, so it usually rings right away.

Attached Files:

7. Painkillaz

Painkillaz Well-Known Member

i recently went to one of those best buy mobile stores at the mall the other day, and i asked if they had a model or even a dummy model of the evo and the person working there said not until june 4th sprint doesnt want anybody showing it until then...in my mind i was like every other best buy ive been to already has a dummy model sitting in their display section...i didnt want to be an ass and correct her so i just walked out

8. TheBiles

TheBiles Android Enthusiast

I think the size is perfect. I don't have small, girlish hands so it fits perfectly, and I just love being able to easily see everything on the screen. I don't think I could go back to a smaller device.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

9. RedsGT

RedsGT Well-Known Member

Is the purple coloration on the DI a setting you changed or difference between the screens of the DI and the EVO?

10. acipollo

It's the angle of the pic. They look the same. The blacks show better on the DI.

11. ekt8750

ekt8750 Android Enthusiast

THe DI has an AMOLED screen and blacks tend to show as purple on them. The EVO uses a traditional TFT screen.

12. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life. AMOLED screen produce absolute zero black. When the screen (or pixel) is black the LEDs are completely off meaning they produce no light and create absolute zero black.

mrk likes this.
  13. His Inc has a pink/purplish hue to it because he has a defective screen which was very common with the first batch of Incredible deployed. My old Inc looked exactly like his, just got a new replacement yesterday and its perfect. http://androidforums.com/support-tr...pink-screen-issue-fixed-main-cause-delay.html

14. Sherman901

Sherman901 Well-Known Member

Oh please.... don't be childish.

15. acipollo

My DI doesn't have a defective screen. I dont know why it looked like that in the pic.

16. JustFrozen

JustFrozen Well-Known Member

Tried a dummy unit in BB over the weekend. I was actually surprised how small and skinny it was - after hearing for weeks of how huge the device is. For all the features the phone is packing, it's slim as can be. I'll reserve final judgment for day-to-day use but my first impression is definitely the opposite of what I expected. Only the screen seems big

17. NSXLA

NSXLA Well-Known Member

I am content now that I've learned EVo weighs as much as the droid - which I owned for 2 days, and that phone wasn't heavy at all, to whom the weight is a concern! Don't get your knickers in a twist!
    I am rather worried though, after I slap on a seidio extended battery.

::being played in the back of his mind:: -Pants On the ground- NOOOOOOOO!

18. acipollo

The weight is fine. It's the width. Tough choice for me.

19. NSXLA

NSXLA Well-Known Member

Yep, i have already acknowledged there is going to be no one hand typing on this phone, which is easily done on the Tour, but if i can't even navigate through the phones menu/web pages one handed that might be a bit of a concern, soon we shall find out =]

20. potterdood

potterdood Android Enthusiast

Some people are cell phone entusiast, lol. Maybe he does have both, I have a friend that has an Incredible & an EVO 4G, I played with it and it is nice, as far as the way it operates, but with that said I have the Incredible, the EVO would be awesome to watch a movie on, but it is huge, like I have normal sized hands and it requires 2 hands for me to maneuver on. But welcome to the Droid family everyone that bought it, stop in over at the Incredible part of this site if you ask a question and it isn't answered here, there are some pretty smart guys over there too. Take care. Drooooooooid. lol

21. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love

I have both and I love them both!

22. potterdood

potterdood Android Enthusiast

I was at best buy earlier and they had a dummy phone as well.

23. effluent

effluent Android Enthusiast

I think it's the perfect size. Could never go to a smaller screen now, Incredible screen looks puny now. I don't have huge hands and it's perfect, and can't even tell it's in my pocket.

24. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Android Expert

If it's too big, get another phone with a smaller screen. It's the size advertised so nothing should be surprising. I think it's fine, especially since it does an adequate job taking other gadgets out of my pocket/possession when I don't really need them for the specialized function they serve (e.g. dedicated camera's always better than smartphone camera, dedicated music player is always better, etc.).

25. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish Android Enthusiast

Love the size, and I can one-hand (or one-thumb in my case) type with Swype (amazing, please God of Smartphones, do not let them take this away from us ...). My coworker showed me something on his Pre the other day (I also used to have one), and my eyes had a hard time adjusting to the small screen. That said, I don't think I could handle a bigger phone than this, it's right there on the edge.

Tags: