• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sizing text in Newstand

gmermel

Nov 15, 2009
Coming over from a full size tab to the Nexus 7. Great tablet in terms of performance. I really like the form factor too.

The one problem, and it may force me to go larger, is text size. I can deal wiht the web pages because they can be resized or rotated to portrait.

However when I read my magazines in Google Newstand, zoom is not available, nor is portrait mode. While I can read the text it is uncomfortable.

So here's my question:

In system settings AND in the Newstand, there is a setting for font size.

System fonts do enlarge (like in my folders, the list of apps gets larger). But webpages do NOT and I still have to zoom/rotate to get larger text.

Newstand is more of a problem. NOTHING happens. Small, normal or large, I can get any size font I want as long as it is the original one that I started with.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones