• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help skin problem after update

freeze101

Lurker
Nov 16, 2009
hey everyone

I had the purple passion skin installed on my desire s and stupidly did the s/w update today and the skin has gone when I go to the htc hub and get more skins it shows as downloaded with the green tick but when I select go to it takes me back to the factory installed ones and it doesnt appear, since it doesnt show up I cant hit menu and delete so is their any other way to delete it so I can reinstall the skin ?

thanks

You could try a soft reset. It will get rid of your phone's cache which might be holding on to the information about the deleted skin.

Power down your phone > Remove battery for 30 seconds > Replace battery and start phone

You can try deleting the data in 'Skin Picker', Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Skin Picker > Clear data. However, I don't know if this will delete all your current skins (not just the downloaded ones) on your phone or not. You may have to turn your phone off and on to reset things, or even do another soft reset.

There's also a 'Clear data' setting in 'HTC Hub' which might include the downloaded skins setting, but deleting it may mean you lose your HTC Hub account data. However, I think this should be just a matter of setting it up again.

Edit: This post here seems to offer a neater solution than the above, if you can find the skin (it could be here, but this is unverified). I'd try this first before tinkering with clearing data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones