1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Skins

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jebinio, Aug 20, 2011.

1. jebinio

jebinio Member
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    Norway
    hi, can I add more clocks to my phone? How?

I withdraw the quesation. I've added Fancy Widgets.

But when I've put the apk file on the SD and installed it with ASTRO, can I just delete all the APK files (apps and widgets)?

If I buy a new micro card, can I restore my orginal card or do I've to do a new install?

Advertisement

2. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    The best way to uninstall apps and widgets is Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Find the relevant software, select it, then select 'Uninstall'.

If you use ASTRO or similar file managers to delete software on your phone, you greatly increase the risk of your phone crashing, as you may not be getting rid of all the relevant files.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you want to transfer what was on your original card onto you new SD card? If so, then yes, but I'd do this using your PC only rather than via your phone. It'll be quicker and easier to manage, and to ensure you're making an exact copy of the card.

3. jebinio

jebinio Member
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    Norway
    thank you, but I want to know that when I've installed an app, do the apk file has to remain on the card or can I delete the apk file without deleting the prog?

4. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Once installed, you can delete .apk files from the SD card; the app itself won't be affected.

Tags: