1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Skip updates in Android Market

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by tamanaco, Sep 6, 2011.

1. tamanaco

tamanaco Member

Is there a setting/option in the Android Market to skip a specific update? I have a couple applications that brake when their updates are applied. In AppBrain one has the option to skip an update and not be nagged with notifications or unwanted app updates in the update list. This makes the option in the Android Market to automatically download and install multiple updates useless. If you have just one update you don't want to apply and 10 that you want... you have to install each update individually in order to avoid the one you don't want.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tamanaco

tamanaco Member

Hmmm, I guess there's no setting in the Market App to skip updates. How about a hack?

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

You can turn off automatic updating per app, which will make it so that the app will not update unless you do it manually.

4. tamanaco

tamanaco Member

Thanks, I already have automatic updates turned off in every app. The issue is that, sometimes, when I click My Apps there is a list of several updates that I want apply, but in this list there are 2 updates to applications that break when the current released updates are applied. On the of the update list to the right there is a choice to Update X - Where X is the number of updates available to apply manually. If X=10 and I have only 2 updates that I don't want, I can not use the Update 10 option and walk away. I have to select each of the 8 updates I want and install them individually.

5. RyanB

RyanB Guest

OP: I'm not sure the Market does that, though I wish they would. That being said, have you considered simply replacing the Market with Appbrain's app, for your everyday uses? It already does what you want, so maybe switching over will resolve the issue for you.