1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Skipping video with anroid TV

Discussion in 'TV & Video' started by ulao, Jun 12, 2017.

1. ulao

ulao Well-Known Member

I got the h96 pro+ android TV and the video for low quality movies is slow. High quality seems ok. Not sure on the codec... Does not matter if I stream from a site or my plex server at home. Is there some type of dvix/xvid update I need to install?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

What app are you actually using for the streaming? Because that's where the codecs are. Have you tried another video player app, e.g. VLC or MX?

3. ulao

ulao Well-Known Member

Seem now its every movie not just small, and this app is Kodi (steaming content). No issues with plex.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Could the box itself does have a problem you may not be able to resolve yourself. Is it under warranty?

5. ulao

ulao Well-Known Member

I'm not too worried about that. I have 3 of them a fire, a b-link and this one. I like this one the best and it foes play very well in plex. I think its a kodi software issue and may need to reinstall kodi. Does anyone know how to reinstall just the kodecs?

6. ulao

ulao Well-Known Member

Yup this is a codec issue. Its only some video types, cant not pin point it exactly but I think divx. Is there a way to update or manage the codecs in android?