• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

skullcandy earbuds compatable with htc

lunatic 203

Lurker
Jan 28, 2012
hey guys i need helptrying to find out which skullcandy earbuds would be best to get.
i have done research and i kno i have to buy power amp application for the volume and buttons to work but im more concerned about the mic 3 working on the new earbuds.
I also have read that the new Android technology don't get along with the mic3, but I have the ATT HTC Inspire with gingerbread I kno its not old technology but not new.
Has anyone had problems with these heavy medal 2011 mic 3 or has had any experience with these. i have read that fmj work well with these but but frequency (highs and lows)of the heavy medal 2011 mic 3s are more supperior than the full metal jackets.
I don't want to buy these and have the Mic not work I will b very dissappointed.

Has anyone had experience with any of these earbuds ?

thnx kev

Man I've searched and searched and I even asked customer service at skullcandy they said they couldn't promise anything and not sure if it'll work. I just want the voice calls to work cuz from what I've read power amp helps the buttons on the fmj work, but I guess its a hit or miss heavy medal had a more supperior frequency than fmjs I know I have a better chance but im still hesitant to buy it not sure what to do and suprised not one person on here has an htc with skullcandy headphones, once I buy or if I will let everyone know.,...... Please if anyone has information please post thnx

Upvote 0
I can't say anything about Skullcandy, but my Philips-O'neill earbuds with mic set (I'm using the 'Specked' model) work perfectly for calls. I'm using a Samsung though. Someone in a similar thread says that the mic on her Skullcandy doesn't work for her phone:

http://androidforums.com/android-accessories/495262-high-quality-earbuds-mic.html#post4007295

But she did not mention what phone she has.

The best thing you can probably do is to go to a store somewhere where you can try out headsets.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones