• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sky Go - has anyone managed to beat the rooted block yet?

Only works with stock rooted kernels not with custom kernels like siyah, redpill etc

It worked fine for me running the latest siyah. It won't work if you won't to temporarily unroot and then change firmware and reroot. But it does the job if you only want to hide root from certain apps.

Reactions: heartburnron
Upvote 0
Thanks to all for your input. I can confirm that after flashing the Speedmod Kernal and then hiding the root using the Voodoo OTA app, Sky Go is now running perfecting on my rooted SGS2!! I WIN!!! Lol. Thank's to all for your guidance. Used Ironass's guide to flash my first kernal and used Hawkers GS2Wiper for the scripts. Love these forums!

One slight flaw I have after flashing this kernal is that I had the Android zaps apple boot animation before flashing, now when it boots the audio for the andriod zaps apple animation can be heard however the screen displays the stock boot. If I reflash the andriod zaps apple animation or indeed a different one from kitchen pro would this overwrite the current problem or am I asking for trouble? Alternatively has anyone any suggestions how I delete the audio?

Reactions: maxbiaggi
Upvote 0
Thanks to all for your input. I can confirm that after flashing the Speedmod Kernal and then hiding the root using the Voodoo OTA app, Sky Go is now running perfecting on my rooted SGS2!! I WIN!!! Lol. Thank's to all for your guidance. Used Ironass's guide to flash my first kernal and used Hawkers GS2Wiper for the scripts. Love these forums!

One slight flaw I have after flashing this kernal is that I had the Android zaps apple boot animation before flashing, now when it boots the audio for the andriod zaps apple animation can be heard however the screen displays the stock boot. If I reflash the andriod zaps apple animation or indeed a different one from kitchen pro would this overwrite the current problem or am I asking for trouble? Alternatively has anyone any suggestions how I delete the audio?

Are you using check rom? If so, kitchen-mods-boot sound off. This mod gets rid of all boot audio.

Reactions: heartburnron
Upvote 0
I downloaded Voodoo from Android Market (or Play or whatever it's called)but I still get the old error message when I try and run Sky Go about the app not running on rooted phones. Any suggestions? Am I missing something? I'm running CheckROM v6 and NEAK 1.4x...

As mentioned earlier in this thread, sky go will work with the speedmod kernel and the voodoo app. It seems this or a stock kernel are the only options...

Reactions: turbohobbit
Upvote 0
Yeah but the next problem is when you upgrade to ics sky go doesn't work. Nor does bbc iplayer or itv for me on vk rom.

Another thing to bare in mind is that on the speedmod kernal the option to create a nandroid back up in cwm is disabled. I've had to flash back to a siyah kernal to do a nandroid although that isn't a big deal in itself...

Quite so :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones