1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Sky Sports News finally released

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by kingdave, Aug 12, 2011.

1. kingdave

kingdave Android Enthusiast

Mar 16, 2010
    Project Manager
    Manchester
    So, now that Sky have FINALLY released the SSN app, what does everyone think?

I've never used the iOS version so can't say how it compares but it seems to have plenty of information in there. The truth will come when the football starts tomorrow and I can see how quick it is at updating scores etc.

My only concern so far is the polling frequency options. It will updated every 30s, 1m, 2m, 3m, 4m or 5m depending on what you select and I can't see this being anything other than a huge battery killer. I've emailed the dev asking for more options such as 1hr, 4hr, once a day etc

Have you found it to be a battery killer? How does it compare to the iOS version? What features are missing?

Discuss.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bskyb.sportnews

Advertisement

2. kingdave

Mar 16, 2010
    Project Manager
    Manchester
    Noone else downloading this? It seems everyone has been waiting forever for it!

3. justboy

justboy Member
    None

Ineligible for my device or I would.

Droid 2 Global in the US.

4. element140

element140 Guest
    None
    Finally. I was surprised this wasn't available when I made the switch to android from iphone 3 weeks ago. All I need now is the sky sports score centre and I'll be happy

5. kingdave

Mar 16, 2010
    Project Manager
    Manchester
    Having never used the iOS versions, what is different about Sky Sports Score Centre?

As far as I can see you get all the latest football news and scores/results in the SSN app.

6. element140

element140 Guest
    None
    Score centre (the only one I used on ios was for football scores, I think there was a cricket one too) allows you to select a league, view the fixtures, results etc. Its a dedicated score app like score mobile, yahoo scores but has a much nicer interface (although it never had push alerts)