1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

skydeck is out today for droid

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rezajune, Dec 26, 2009.

1. rezajune

rezajune Member

Skydeck for droid, yaahhhhh

2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA

Mind giving a description or link of/to what it is?

3. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

www.skydeck.com

Appears to be some kind of contact management and texting app. Free to download, but I believe you have to pay for the service. Hhmmn...

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA

Booooo!

Just kidding, I have no idea if it is any good or not.

5. rage151

rage151 Newbie

Haven't tried it, but if you click on pricing, says it is free for Android and $9.99 x month for Blackberry.h

6. rezajune

rezajune Member

I am an ex blackberry user (never BB again after droid)..anyways, us blackberry users used skydeck to backup all of our contacts.

On the droid, backing up or even saving my contacts using the gmail has been nothing but a mess. Skydeck is the way to go guys. Especially if you have multiple gmail accounts and gmail accounts that you share with other droids, (I do because of work), skydeck will save your ass.

PS.

My droid would have been worthless if I didn't have you guys on this forum. Thanks for all the great info.

7. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

But backing up contacts to sdcard, 3 taps.
    Backing up Gmail Contacts, use the Export feature.

I personally use Excel to "manage" my Contacts. I don't understand the need for a 3rd party.

8. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Android Enthusiast

I had a goofy issue where my cousin Katie ******* and my mother, Kathleen ******* (same last name) kept merging on the Droid. They were separate when I went to Contacts through GMail on the computer.

Had to tell the stupid thing to split the contacts TWICE before it took. Before that, I deleted all of my mom's info and created a new contact... which merged with my cousin.

Anyway, I think managing my ~55 contacts through GMail is fine for me.

9. ThermalGuy

ThermalGuy Newbie

Damn little information on that site! :thinking:

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews