1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

skyfire power usage?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by twistedlim, Jul 17, 2010.

1. twistedlim

twistedlim Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Michigan
    Does anyone else notice more battery drain using skyfire in place of the installed browser?

Advertisement

2. skilaufen

skilaufen Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Something
    Somewhere

I didn't. I used Skyfire for a bit before switching back to stock browser (skyfire would randomly close) and my battery use seems the same.

Not that I have conducted any official tests mind you. This is based on the very accurate and scientifically rooted principle of "pulled out of my a#%" that has been used throughout the ages to support one's theories and beliefs. :D

3. mrjarrett

mrjarrett New Member

May 11, 2010
    mactown, GA
    Yes I notice a big difference when using skyfire. The droid already does not have the best battery and this browser don't make it any better. I had a full battery when I got home. I've been on skyfire for a lil less than a hour and I have the orange battery warning. Does not happen with regular browser. I've tried a few browsers and skyfire is one of the best because it supports some flash video but there is no option to save battery even with a task killer. I need help too!

4. skilaufen

skilaufen Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Something
    Somewhere
    One of the things I do is to use the stock browser for everything except sites where I need flash and only use Skyfire when I need to view a video. I started doing this because skyfire has a tendency to shut down in the middle of a session and that was getting annoying. Doing this would probably help your battery life. It is the best thing I can suggest right now.