1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Skype and delays

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mealou, Feb 18, 2011.

1. mealou

mealou Newbie

Now we all know that one of the key features of the Thunderbolt was that it was supposed to have integrated Skype so that you could Skype while you're on the go. Honestly though, how many people are really desperate for this feature? It seems to be causing a lot of problems with th release of the phone; enough problems for HTC to actually take it off of their page. (I don't have a screenshot of how it previously looked, but there were 3 bolded topics; one of them being integrated Skype) I know we can't just tell Verizon and HTC to dgaf about Skype, and I know that they've already shipped out most of the Thunderbolts, but I'm just curious. Who will religiously use this feature? (if it's still in the phone @ release)

Advertisement

2. N00B Moment

N00B Moment Member

I more than likely will probably use it VERY LITTLE. I dont want the TBolt for 4G or Skype or any other feature really, I just want the latest tech out when I sign a 2 year contract. I dont HAVE to have the latest and greatest everytime something comes out. But if im stuck in a contract, I want to make sure my device stays SOMEWHAT current.

lamoglinsgal likes this.
  3. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Android Expert

I am really looking forward to Skype, however, I don't have to have it the second the phone launches as long as it's coming....since it was promised and all. :)

4. EvilMonkey

EvilMonkey Android Enthusiast

I don't care for Skype yet. I know its becoming really popular, but everyone I know that I would like to look at while I am talking to probably doesnt even know what skype is. The people I know who have the hardware to video chat, are the same people I don't really care to video chat with.
    If I could somehow get my long distance girlfriend to buy some new technology, maybe then I would be interested.
    Even though I don't care for it, I think it would be extremely unprofessional for them to release this phone without it.

5. Left Coast DJ

Left Coast DJ Android Enthusiast

To me, Skype (and NetFlix) are very important - especially since these are available on the iPhone 4. But as Lamoglinsgal mentioned, I don't need either on release date as long as I'm assured they'd be available soon after.

6. skillz1318

skillz1318 Newbie

That's what I will miss most when I switch. I use Netflix on my iPhone 4 all the time. It's also nice to have skype when I travel for work to be able to video chat with my fianc

7. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

To me I don't use Netflix at all, at least never on my phone. Skype I plan on using a little, but not often enough to care about it on launch. I see why some users would need this and be concerned, luckily I am not one of them.

8. Filinator13

Filinator13 Well-Known Member

I am actually very interested in the Skype feature and that would be one factor in me purchasing this phone. Does anyone know if there is any other app or program that might be able to do video chat with this phone?