1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Skype and my Samsung Note 4

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by AZgl1500, May 20, 2016.

1. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    a friend asked me to hook up with him on Skype, as he is 2,500 miles away and across International borders, I broke my promise to never use that Piece of Crap again.

So, I installed it on my Note 4.

sent him a text via Skype and he called me back a few hours later.
    I could see his video, but no audio from him.

he could hear my audio to him, but no video from me.

I looked at all of the settings in Skype, and also in Settings/apps/app mgr/Skype
    no where did I find any way to determine what speaker is used so that I could hear him.

Also, there was no place for me to turn on/off video to him....

I am ready to uninstall it, as yet again, Microsoft has ruined what used to be a good product....

my friend suggested I can't do those things because I have not purchased Skype Credits...
    huh? I have to pay to talk to someone on Skype?

ain't never going to happen, so unless someone has an idea of why it is not working, I am taking it off the phone.

After he and I texted back and forth, I said "to hell with Skype" and just called him direct, worked like a champ like always....

Advertisement

Phalon4 likes this.
  2. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    I rarely use Skype and when I do it's mainly on the PC. But just tested it between my phone (S4 running a CM based Android 6.x) and my son's Windows 10 phone). Worked fine. Got video and audio without any 'extra' button presses, it just worked.

What I will say is that the 'controls' seemed to disappear off of the screen fairly quickly so sometimes it was tricky to get them back (my son wouldn't just have the conversation, he kept messing about. Little so and so ... :) ). It did work for me though.