1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Skype help needed for andriod !!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by SonyBoy, Dec 21, 2012.

1. SonyBoy

SonyBoy Lurker

hey people

I am new here in this forum i need abit of help regarding skype for my Sony Xperia P... it usually didnt work on my phone wen ever i am using its video call option with iphone or other PC laptops or any other devices ... can any one explain mee whats the problem is it koz m using the free version ????
    and if its not cause of free version can any one plzzz guide me through the settings plzz???

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hulkstar

hulkstar Lurker

Skype is free. You should never have to pay for it as long as you are calling another user on Skype through VOIP.

Does it work at the moment without the video enabled?

I notice with me, if one of the people in the call is not connected to WiFi and only 3G then the video lags or scrambles alot. It would be worth trying if both parties are connected to a WiFi connection as this worked for me.

Other than that just try to make a call with the video disabled so see if it goes through. If it does then it could just be that your connection is not strong enough to hold a video call.

SonyBoy likes this.
  3. SonyBoy

SonyBoy Lurker

thanks alot for the immediate response :) the problem has been solved

4. hstroph

hstroph Android Enthusiast

Using Skype on Android in the section entitled "What You Need For Skype on Android" might be helpful to you in solving the problem.

SonyBoy likes this.
  5. hstroph

hstroph Android Enthusiast

Your solution may be very helpful to others, if you would be so kind as to always include it in your replies.