1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

skype insuffient space error

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by mickeydown, May 21, 2011.

1. mickeydown

mickeydown Lurker
    None

May 21, 2011
    Hello. I have a Samsung galaxy forum tablet and I uninstalled skype in error. Now. When I attempt to reinstall I get an insufficient space error. I way from home and id like to skype my kids. Please help.

Advertisement

2. robo_dino

robo_dino Lurker
    None

Apr 16, 2011
    I'm having the same problem too...I got so frustrated that I cleared everything on my phone!!!

3. Usta

Usta Android Expert

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Skype can be installed and moved to SD card. Before you install it, just make sure you have min 20MB internal storage free. There are some ways to fix the internal storage issues.

robo_dino likes this.
  4. casey.davidson13

None

Dec 1, 2010
    I had Skype installed on my Samsung Acclaim through US Cellular. I deleted it when it wasn't signing in once, hoping to reinstall and fix the problem. I got the same error when trying to install. I was told by the techs at US Cellular that the Skype app. was not developed correctly and can't completely uninstall. If you try to uninstall, it doesn't take all the files off. Because of this, you'll get the error that says you have insufficient space, regardless of how much space you've cleared. Unfortunately, I had to take my phone back to factory restored condition to allow my Skype to re-install. :(