1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Skype Issues on DInc2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by droidering, Sep 17, 2011.

1. droidering

droidering Newbie
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    I've been having issues signing into Skype on my rooted Droid Incredible 2. Namely, it won't let me sign in. I get the error message "you cannot be signed in at this time. Please try again later". My first questions is does anyone know what's up with this?

But I was also curious if I could plug my phone into my computer and use my phone as my microphone/camera to call with the skype program on my computer?

Advertisement

2. TheDroidLife

TheDroidLife Member
    None

Jan 20, 2011
  3. droidering

droidering Newbie
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    unfortunately, this didn't work. I downloaded it, but it comes up with the same error message at the skype sign-in screen. I actually had skype with video working on my phone right after I rooted it, but now, I can't even sign in.

What about to my other question about using my phone as my camera/microphone for me computer. Any ideas?

4. TheDroidLife

TheDroidLife Member
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    I dont know the answer to the second question. I never even used skype till i got this phone. But it is a MUST have for the DINC2. can you sign in to your account from a computer? You mentioned your rooted. what rooting method did you take and what custom rom are you running ( if your running a custom rom)?

5. droidering

droidering Newbie
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    I can log into my skype account on my computer, so it's definitely the phone, not skype.
    As for rooting, I rooted with Revolution, and am running Virtuous Unity. The rom is pretty impressive, but you have to be willing to live with some glitches. It's interesting, before I rooted, I could use skype, but not with video. After I rooted, I could use skype with video. Now, a month or two later, skype won't work. Very strange...