1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Skype Issues on DInc2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by droidering, Sep 17, 2011.

1. droidering

droidering Newbie

I've been having issues signing into Skype on my rooted Droid Incredible 2. Namely, it won't let me sign in. I get the error message "you cannot be signed in at this time. Please try again later". My first questions is does anyone know what's up with this?

But I was also curious if I could plug my phone into my computer and use my phone as my microphone/camera to call with the skype program on my computer?

2. TheDroidLife

TheDroidLife Newbie

3. droidering

droidering Newbie

unfortunately, this didn't work. I downloaded it, but it comes up with the same error message at the skype sign-in screen. I actually had skype with video working on my phone right after I rooted it, but now, I can't even sign in.

What about to my other question about using my phone as my camera/microphone for me computer. Any ideas?

4. TheDroidLife

TheDroidLife Newbie

I dont know the answer to the second question. I never even used skype till i got this phone. But it is a MUST have for the DINC2. can you sign in to your account from a computer? You mentioned your rooted. what rooting method did you take and what custom rom are you running ( if your running a custom rom)?

5. droidering

droidering Newbie

I can log into my skype account on my computer, so it's definitely the phone, not skype.
    As for rooting, I rooted with Revolution, and am running Virtuous Unity. The rom is pretty impressive, but you have to be willing to live with some glitches. It's interesting, before I rooted, I could use skype, but not with video. After I rooted, I could use skype with video. Now, a month or two later, skype won't work. Very strange...

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews