1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Skype Mobil IM Spam

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chandria, May 11, 2010.

1. Chandria

Chandria Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Florida
    I am not sure if anyone has this problem. I have installed Skype Mobil the first day I got my Incredible. I have made several Skype to Skype calls already and it works wonderful. However, yesterday I have received 2 IM spams (my privacy settings are set to people on my list only), so I shouldn't be getting any spam. When I log onto Skype from my laptop, these IM's don't even show-up at all, so I can only see them on my phone. I have no option to report as spam or ignore or delete even. I can only highlight and close the message, which does not get rid of it and it keeps coming back. Has anyone experienced this and if so, do you know of a solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Chandria

May 3, 2010
    Florida
  3. Chandria

May 3, 2010
    Florida
    I guess I am the only person who uses Skype Mobil on this forum. lol

4. I'm getting random spam as well along with late notification of Skype chat

5. Chandria

May 3, 2010
    Florida
    I wrote to support about this as it is rather annoying. It seems most of us using Skype mobil have this issue. I hope they can fix it soon!

6. noguilt

noguilt New Member

May 5, 2010
    I just set up Skype on my Droid Incredible, and now i'm getting a lot of spam, mostly from "monitor.online.lm7", which is an obvious phishing scam. I've gotten 4 of these identical emails in the past hour. They don't appear on my other computers, all of which are set to receive IMs only from my Contacts. I can't find such a setting on Skype Mobile. And the only way to block a sender seems to be to have it in Contacts.

Has anyone else found a way to solve this problem?

Oh, btw, the above link provided by Chandria now only takes one to the Skype forum main page -- apparently Skype doesn't want people to know that others share the same problem with Skype Mobile.

7. kuekeju

kuekeju New Member

Apr 7, 2012
    im having the same problem with my skype mobile on android , during this april i had 4 unwanted IM coming to my skype. When im trying to block the contact, its said that UNBLOCKED contact.. dunno how to solve this.. thx

8. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    I'd contact the Skype app developers:
    https://support.skype.com/en-us/category/PRIVACY__SECURITY/2