1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Skype not too impressive

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by captainm27, Dec 24, 2011.

1. captainm27

captainm27 Well-Known Member

I was trying Skype with my girlfriend, who has an iphone, and while it works, it's not too impressive. I don't see the Rezound on the official list of supported devices, but I just feel like the experience is not optimal. For starters, I can only see a tiny square in the middle, instead of the full screen of her when video chatting. Secondly, she has a hard time hearing me. Anyone else notice this not-to-smooth operation? Hopefully Skype optimizes thier app for the Rezound. On another note, anyone know of a good alternative that works with both OS?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TabbedOut

TabbedOut Lurker

I used it last weekend at work to talk to my kids who were in Atlanta visiting my parents. Didn't have the problems you described, video was adequate and full screen. They were using a pc on their end so maybe that makes a difference.

captainm27 likes this.
  3. captainm27

Hmm... maybe! Thanks for the tip.

4. jski711

jski711 Well-Known Member

I've used it as well from phone to pc and they said the video was better than when I used my cp.

5. olbriar

olbriar  

You might try Tango. I liked it better than Skype. Google talk works well between google friends as well.

NightAngel79 likes this.
  6. nynvolt

nynvolt Android Enthusiast

I second Tango, its free and works great. Works on iPhone and Android.

7. captainm27

Just tried Tango, and it is way better than Skype! I can actually hear her this time! And it goes full screen too! The only issue I have is that there is now a slight delay, i.e. She will start to speak, and then 2 seconds later, I see her mouth moving.... other than that, it works far better than Skype. Thanks!!

8. olbriar

olbriar  

I have found Tango better synced sometimes than others. I think it's likely due to their server pressure at that particular time. Maybe it's been my connection or my daughters in AZ. I'm glad you liked it. Merry Christmas.

9. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Tango seems nice, used skype once with daughter (we were in same room, lol) and thought quality blew......

Gtalk seems buggy still....

10. weihl165

weihl165 Android Enthusiast

+3 on Tango. Tried it last night with gf on Iphone and it worked very well

11. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

I tried Tango last spring on the Thunderbolt talking to a co-worker with an iPhone. Between his English accent and the choppiness of the video, I felt like I was watching a BBC news correspondent from some war torn country.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews