1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Skype not working on HTC Evo V?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eatsaimin, Dec 28, 2012.

1. eatsaimin

eatsaimin Well-Known Member

Why doesn't the front face camera work with Skype? I can only see the other person I am video chatting with but they can't see me. Any help would be appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

My guess is because its not a fully supported device yet. I haven't tried Skype, but other things work, such as google talk with video. Is it enabled in settings in Skype?

3. prrep

prrep Well-Known Member

Skype does indeed work,most likely you need to enable the video under settings.

4. rs98

rs98 Well-Known Member

I have the latest Skype version, and the front camera works with me. This means it is probably a setting that you might have changed within the app. You might have to enable video calling within settings.

5. badboytoast

badboytoast Well-Known Member

i recommend tango it work very well with our phones!!:D

6. eatsaimin

I enabled Video Calling in Skype settings but it doesn't work for me. I've tried it on Midnight ROM, MidnightS, Unsenseless. I've tried older versions for Skype but no such luck.

7. Ranhead

Ranhead Android Enthusiast

I just installed it for Christmas on Harmonia and it worked flawlessly. It was the first time I used Skype on a phone. My daughter reported that the camera looked better than my laptop.

8. eatsaimin

Thank you. I might have to try this later. So it works with PC and Evo V? I'm trying to Video Chat with my son using his iTouch5 and my Evo V.

9. Ranhead

Ranhead Android Enthusiast

Yes ..... my daughter was on her laptop and I was on my EVO V. It was actually kind of nice not having to carry a laptop around to show her everyone, and thier gifts.

10. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Skype, Tango and ooVoo all function perfectly fine for me.