1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Skype - Samsung Galaxy S3: unusable

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Hyzoran, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Hyzoran

Hyzoran Lurker
    None

Aug 14, 2013
    Male
    So, I do not currently own a webcam, for which reason I decided to download Skype for Android. I want to Skype my two friends that live in UK and Georgia but for some amazing reason when we perform a video call, Skype does not function correctly. Sometimes, no video or sound is transmitted, and when it is, it is only one way. It seems entirely random, and I know the few people who have been having this issue also have samsung devices. I have tried using Skype on both the stock ROM and CyanogenMod, with invariable results. My friend from Georgia said he never had problems with Skype android on his S4, while my friend from UK said she could never get it to work on her Galaxy Ace2 while skyping her family.

I am planning to pickup a webcam at this point but I would just like to know if there is anything solutions I can perform on my phone to get it working asap. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

PS: We all know deep within our hearts that Microsoft is at fault here, anyway.

UPDATE: So, it appears that Skype works perfectly until I enable video transfer FROM my phone. So If I wanted to do a video call where I can see my friend but the friend cant see me, everything works fine.

Advertisement