1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Skype!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Draiko, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Draiko

Draiko Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 13, 2010
    The Photon 4G finally FINALLY has Skype video calling!! Portrait AND Landscape! On top of that, Bluetooth also works!

I honestly don't mind the new ads since it works very well.

About. Effing. Time.

Now we just need to wait for the next OTA to add Google Talk video.

Advertisement

2. Skrillex

Skrillex Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    Does it still ask you want to use skype every single time you make a phone call? That was very annoying and intrusive.

3. ljbad4life

ljbad4life Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    I'm pretty convinced the only reason we got this update is because the bionic is physically the same phone internally as the photon, but heavily marketed by Verizon. I was really hurting for a way to contact friends and family over seas because of the time difference I might not be at my computer or near wifi.

Where is that bs excuse that skype was using saying that the tegra 2 chipset wasn't capable because it doesn't support neon?

There's a simple setting to change so that doesn't occur. It's no difference than installing firefox or doplhin and everytime I open up a web page the dialog box pops up, but luckily in that same pop up there's a small box that says "remember my choice". See problem solved

4. denik

denik Lurker
    None

Jun 24, 2010
    Just tested the video calling with Skype. Worked great on WIFI. Great to see that it's finally working on the Photon, but not that exciting since it was working on my previous phone (HTC EVO) months ago.

5. Draiko

Draiko Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 13, 2010
    What IS exciting to me is the fact that it finally supports BT Headsets in video calls.

I'm starting to use it in public now. I don't have to worry about bothering people with a loud speakerphone.

EarlyMon likes this.