1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Skype

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by entropy26, Apr 21, 2010.

1. entropy26

entropy26 Active Member

Jan 13, 2010
    So I saw that Droid commercial showcasing some popular apps and noticed a skype app. I've searched for it many times before and just though that there was no skype app on the android market, but apparently there is. Whenever I search for it I can't get it to come up though. Anybody having this problem or know of a fix?!

I did the manual install of 2.1 a few months back btw, in case that makes a difference.

Advertisement

2. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    so. east, usa
    I have it and found it in the market but I am running 1.5 still. It is the skype mobile app from Skype. I looked on androlib.com and you should be able to download it from there.

3. lilbballer27

lilbballer27 Well-Known Member

Yes I have it also, but I am running 1.5. I found mine in the market place. There should be a version for 2.1 since the droid and other android phones run 2.1 with the skype app.

4. rthibeault

rthibeault Active Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Try this out...installed on my 2.1 Eris and it works great.

Attached Files:

whewstoosae likes this.
  5. smacky

Jan 11, 2010
    You'll need to find a link to download the .apk. Someone had posted it in another thread, IF the link above does not work for you.

Because you uploaded a firmware that hasn't been released for the phone yet, they are not expecting you to have it when searching the Market. That's why a lot of apps, not just Skype, will not show up until the Eris gets the real 2.1.

I was thinking this thing was going to be a huge thing, but it doesn't seem like many people use the app, let alone have it.

6. rthibeault

rthibeault Active Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Like I said...I installed the .apk I posted above on my Eris running 2.1 and it works great.

7. entropy26

entropy26 Active Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Alright, I'll try the download, but I've never manually installed an apk before. What exactly do I do with the file once I've downloaded it?!

8. entropy26

entropy26 Active Member

Jan 13, 2010
    alright guys, I figured it out and got the app installed. Thanks for all the help!