• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SkyRaider 3.0 RC2 to be released anytime today!

I had major problems with the revised home screen locations. Too many spots led to overlapping widgets which in general looked really sloppy. I don't care for the 5 column app drawer, but to each his own. I do like the new dock, I think it's nice and simple. Don't care for the new notification window, it's hard to read in bright atmospheres. Overall I think I'm going to stick with 2.5.2 if no improvements are made. It's a shame, some of the things I loved about 2.5.2 are now gone.

Upvote 0
I can not be bothered to update and have to set everything up again (did it Saturday) and deal with the chance of boot-loops, etc. Titanium helps a lot, but still have to set everything else up again. I could care less about OCing a 1ghz chipset and already get great performance with apps and Flash. I see nothing in the rom to suggest it is any better than the current 2.52, just that it is newer.

I will wait for the official release to hit and be modded and then I will update. You folks that do this update stuff every other day must be some compulsive types ;)

I will wait and let the dust settle :)

Upvote 0
I'm going back to 2.5.2. I like the look of 3.0 but there are enough issues with it to make me scream.

Rom Manager doesn't acknowledge that I'm a premium member even though I bought it last night.

Widgets overlap each other.

The clock I use from Beautiful Widgets is messed up, the back ground gets shrunk so most of the temperature info is barely visible.

I can't download any HTC widgets, I use the Notes widget a lot.

Seems much slower than 2.5.2 as well.

Maybe the update fixes those problems but since Rom Manager thinks I'm still a free loader, I can't get the update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones