• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SkyRaider 3.3 Final

Upvote 0
Hey Guys/Gals!

Is there any advantages to running this over Uncommon sense? Uncommon Sense is my first rooted ROM with the stock kernel and so far it's been great but this one has me intrigued. Thanks in advance and I look forward to the comments! Please, no flaming, just honest opinions!

lol why would anyone flame?

I would say stick with what you like, BUT if thats your first rom why not create a flashable backup (so you can always return to the existing state), and try some others?

MIUI, SkyRaider, etc.

Reactions: cljeter1
Upvote 0
I have looked but dont feel like reading 150 pages on xda... anyone else have issue with rom manager not rebooting recovery for them? I dl the patches and then it asked me for SU permission I hit accept and then it did nothing... I manually had to go to power menu and select reboot recovery then it installed automatically fine... is this a rom issue or a rom manager issue?

Upvote 0
I have looked but dont feel like reading 150 pages on xda... anyone else have issue with rom manager not rebooting recovery for them? I dl the patches and then it asked me for SU permission I hit accept and then it did nothing... I manually had to go to power menu and select reboot recovery then it installed automatically fine... is this a rom issue or a rom manager issue?
I have had no issues with rom manager. I hate to say it, but you may have to reinstall the app or start with that 150 page thread. Have you tried doing a search on just that thread?

Upvote 0
I tried searhing - just to get that out of the way, but nothing seems to be answering my question. (or I just didn't filter my search good enough)

How can I change the Lock Screen bar? More-so, I am not looking for Widget Locker, I just want the old HTC "Arched Bar" back. I am not crazy about the Squared off look of the new one.

Thanks,
Jon

I would like to know the same thing. I downloaded the lock screen add ons when I downloaded the ROM but I can't figure out how to change them.

Upvote 0
I'm wondering about how to change the lock screen too.
I have 3.3 on nandroid so I'll try and do this from memory, although it should be documented on the XDA site. Anyway, you can do it one of 2 ways. Download terminal emulator or use adb shell. Connect to your shell and then type rotaryunlock if you want the rotary screens or tabunlock if you want the simple tab ones, hit enter. Choose the number of the one you want, hit enter, and the phone will reboot by itself with the new lockscreen.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Exactly what are the issues you are having? like slow to accept, won't at all, or just doesn't even show them?

I hear ring, and see incoming caller ID

I hit accept

I hear a fraction of a second of noise from other caller, then goes completely silent

if i hit the END button, i hear another fraction of a second of the caller just before it hangs up

if i dont hit END and just wait, it hangs up the call in 10 seconds or so

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones