1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Slacker Radio causing Reboots

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Feels Good Man, May 5, 2010.

1. Feels Good Man

Feels Good Man Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    In the short time that I've used Slacker radio, my phone has rebooted itself twice. At the time I was on Wifi and was skipping a lot of songs. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a software or hardware issue?

Advertisement

2. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Slacker has worked awesome for me. No issues and use it all the time. Did you try to remove and re-install?

I also have the pro version (subscription), if that makes a difference.

3. Feels Good Man

Apr 21, 2010
    No I didnt try remove and re-install, I was using free version...and skipping a lot of songs quickly seemed to cause the reboot both times...so unless you do a lot of skips you probably won't encounter the problem.

4. Feels Good Man

Apr 21, 2010
    I reinstalled slacker...and I can cause the reboot pretty much whenever I want now. Open a channel, use up all your skips quickly, do this for like 3-4 channels and I'll have a reboot whether youre on wifi or 3g.

Obviously that's not typical usage of Slacker...but I'd like to get opinions on whether its a software issue with Slacker...or I need to exchange my phone because its hardware

5. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    No, it is not your phone. I tried it again today on a trip to town. Probably skipped about 10 songs over 3 cached stations rather quickly and whala, reboot lol. I will email slacker and see what they have to say.

6. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Radio Shack
    interesting.