• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Slacker Radio removal

Hello everyone. Updated to FP5, from rooted, stock, debloated FP1 and renaming apps to (.bak) remove them (in Root Explorer like I always do).

Got rid of all the usual suspects, but I'm having problems with Slacker Radio.

The problem:
The slackerradio.apk that appears in sys/app is no longer the functioning app for Slacker Radio on the Charge. Instead, it appears that com.slacker.radio-1.apk is the real app now, located in data/app. However, when I rename it with .bak, a generic black and white icon for it remains in the app drawer called com.slacker.gui. WTH!?

The services for Slacker are no longer running, but it would be nice to get rid of the damn icon entirely, you know? (Verizon bastards . . . )

Any thoughts greatly appreciated! :)

Reactions: fried chicken
Sometimes as you found out here some pieces cannot be completely removed based on the way they are built into the system. As you, I would think that slacker could be killed. But I will need to check with someone smarted than me and get back to you.

The one I would suggest is the dev for Tweaked. He deals a lot in app removal. If I hear first I will post.

Dave

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones