1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Slacker Radio rockin my Hero all night...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rolltrain, Mar 21, 2010.

1. rolltrain

rolltrain Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Seriously. It keeps my phone awake all night. I seem to always have about 80% awake time. Slacker is really the only app I use most of the time. It has to be it. Anyway I can close it (really close it) when I am done with it?

Advertisement

2. JMac202

JMac202 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Get a task manager.

3. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Search for Brains
    Raccoon City
    Never used it, but I know that Pandora has a "Quit" menu item. I guess Slacker has no such feature? Why does it need to run in the background?

4. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Engineer
    Florida
    Yeah, I just experienced this. It kept my phone awake for 34 hours. I didn't notice at first that my battery life had been crap. Just used Astro process manager to close it and all is well now. they do need to add a QUIT option. I like Slacker, but killing the battery is unacceptable.

5. rolltrain

rolltrain Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2009
    There id a quit button if you hit menu. But I don't think it works right. It does shut the interface down but it is still using juice, I beloeve.

6. nedar

nedar Member

Feb 18, 2010
    yup slacker radio is buggy and will eat up your battery. I tried few things but my battery was draining fast every day. i finally gave up and uninstalled the slacker app and my battery life was back to normal.

7. djkeller3

djkeller3 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Business Owner
    Lexington, KY
    I thought Slacker Radio Plus was so darn good that I bought a third battery to use with my Droid because I can't stop listening to it.

Tags: