• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root sLCD Incredibles

savoxis

Android Expert
Aug 10, 2010
Pacific NW
www.savoxis.com http
So, I just got a new Incredible with the sLCD display. Pretty nice phone, got it all rooted and flashed with unrevoked and noticed the clockwork recovery didnt give a display. So I whent ahead and flashed amonRA instead. Everythings working OK, but whenever I try and flash cyanogen or any roms similar I get stuck at the 1st boot screen (HTC Incredible) I have gotten a few roms to install but none of the ones I wanted to try unforunatly.

Is this perhaps being due to the lack of support for the slcd screen?

Does anyone have cyanogen installed on their SLCD Droid Incred?

I seem to be in a hot spot, I tried installing cyanogen thru rom manager and clockwork even though I couldnt see anything and now I have no visible recovery and I tried using the PB31IMG.zip from here Amon_RA Recovery - The Incredible List but it cannot find anything there. Tried flashing with fastboot and get this no matter what I try

Code:
/SDK/tools/fastboot flash recovery PB31IMG_RA_inc_1.7.0.5_GNM/PB31IMG/recovery.img 
sending 'recovery' (4532 KB)... OKAY
writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: not allowed)
I cant get radio images to flash this way either is there something I am missing??? I used unrevoked3 and it does say S-OFF at the top of the bootloader.

Anyone have any ideas to get amon ra back on here? I can use all my tools thru the ADB shell in the clockwork even tho I cannot see it. so if theres a commandline tyo flash recoves that would work, anyone know it?

I see the card has to be fat32, I left it stock it says vfat under mounts so I imagine that aspect is ok

Upvote 0
So. I just reformatted my SD after fdisking it and toggling it as FAT32 using this:
Code:
mkdosfs -F 32 /dev/sdf1

Still shows up as vfat and I am 99% sure vfat means fat32, I have been dealing with linux for years and have NEVER seen the words fat32 appear anywhere, just vfat.

So I have s-off, a fat32 sdcard, and I still cannot get ANY PB31IMG.zip files to install via HBOOT. Bah

Upvote 0
So. I just reformatted my SD after fdisking it and toggling it as FAT32 using this:
Code:
mkdosfs -F 32 /dev/sdf1
Still shows up as vfat and I am 99% sure vfat means fat32, I have been dealing with linux for years and have NEVER seen the words fat32 appear anywhere, just vfat.

So I have s-off, a fat32 sdcard, and I still cannot get ANY PB31IMG.zip files to install via HBOOT. Bah

Where in the PNW? Bring it to me I will get it to fat32. I kid. And I can't believe I am about to say this, Try to format it in windows. That will get you going.

See post.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9342153&postcount=5

Also if on Ubuntu you could try KDE partition manager

Upvote 0
I don't have windows and vmware isnt setup yet. Im on gentoo emerging gparted now

Im having a hard time seeing the command line not formatting it properly. But I guess I can burn a windows installer and format it in the setup. just to be safe

I agree with your second statement but have seen where linux mucks it up. BUt did you read that whole link?? It describes the code to run for fat32

Your specific issue is probably a matter of a mis-matched label. If you used fdisk to create the partitions, the default type code is 0x83 (Linux data). You should explicitly change that type code (using 't' in fdisk) if you want to store something other than a Linux-native filesystem on the partition. For FAT, you should change the type code to 0x01, 0x04, 0x06, 0x0b, 0x0c, or 0x0e, depending on the FAT variety in use. (Type 'L' at an fdisk prompt to see a list of type codes.) For FAT-32, the usual type code is 0x0c.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones