1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support sleep/awake times redux

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shantytownbrown, Sep 8, 2010.

1. shantytownbrown

shantytownbrown Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Medicine
    Connecticut
    I have reviewed the other threads on this, and am trying to help a buddy of mine fix his evo's sleep/awake time equality issue...

any thoughts on where how else to look for something that is not letting his device sleep?

he is unrooted with 2.2..any help would be appreciated

Advertisement

2. toddpedersen

toddpedersen Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    I am familiar with two programs that cause this.

1. Google Talk needs to have the automatic sign in unchecked and then logged out of.

2. There is a marketplace app called flashlight that needs to be uninstalled sine the new 2.2 has one built in and the marketplace app was built for 2.1 and keeps the phone awake all the time.

3. Brewmeister

Brewmeister Active Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Hardware Developer
    Portland, OR
    I just encountered the never sleep issue the other day (gtalk and flashlight not the issue), so I installed the spare parts app to look at the battery history. Unfortunately, it simly showed "Android System" running at 100%, so I couldn't use that to narrow it down.

What I ended up doing was re-booting, and that fixed the problem, but I also wrote down the list of running services (settings->applications->running services), and I'm hoping that the next time the awake issue happens, I'll be able to see what service is running in that mode that doesn't usually run.

Anyone have any other advice as to what in "Android System" might get stuck as always awake?

Tags: