• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sleep Mode?

ckar

Feb 16, 2010
San Diego
Trying to deal my my data connectivity issues, and am looking at the Sleep Mode options in the Power menu. I have been losing 3G connectivity (stuck in 1X) and also completely losing data connectivity randomly over the last couple of days. I did a complete factory reset this morning, and am now looking at the Sleep mode option as a possible culprit. It had been set to "Automatic" by default. I have now set it to "Never". Are most of you leaving it in the default setting? I am really hoping that I can lick this problem today!:thinking:

Another thought. Did you by any chance inadvertently have your network set to airplane or to CDMA only at some point? I had a problem when I first got the phone that was caused by me playing around with the settings and then forgetting to check that I had saved the setting I wanted. Turns out when I didn't it defaulted to the original setting and I had assumed it was on the new setting.

If you have been having consistent problems you should just exchange the phone.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the input. I am now running Sleep mode at Never, and Normal Power mode. All is well so far. Haven't lost signal once! Time will tell. As for exchanging, I've already done that once due to a defective ear speaker. If all of this research, a factory reset, and poking around in the settings doesn't solve my problem I'll move on to another device. Or heck...just reactivate my Incredible and root it! Judging by all of the talk on the internet, 4G is really proving to be very problematic for many phones.

Upvote 0
I understand your frustration. If the phone has a problem I would still take it back and push them for a new one. A friend works at Verizon and says that they will do that to keep you happy especially if it is a hardware problem and the phone is in good shape. God, the phone has only been out for a month.

You really should not have to not use sleep mode.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones