• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sleep of Death...

Just a Heads up

I think I've seen the sleep of death! Wednesday night after I installed LauncherPro Plus v0.8.6 I noticed the radio was turning itself on and off. I called Customer service they recommended doing a *228 to sync the phone with their network. I did this put the phone in my pocket and headed home from work. When I got home the phone was dead and would not start up, so I figured the batt was dead -plugged in the charger and went to bed. The next morning the phone still would not boot up so I tried a batt pull, hardbutton reset, and everything else I could find without success. I headed to the store to see what they could do. The Tech swapped the battery and the phone started up. I left the store went home and noticed the radio was again flipping on and off. I tried the *228 and this time watched the results. It linked to USCC's system, updated the phone, then booted - again it would not start up. I tried all the tricks and nothing so back to the store I went. This time they gave me a new phone, which is currently working fine. The Tech also said that Motorola has recalled their "Swap" batteries do to some sort of a problem. So I don't know if the issue is because of a bad battery (or two), the installation of LauncherPro Plus v0.8.6, using *228, or any combination of the three. So far I have reinstalled everything other than Launcher pro and the new phone is working great.

I would seriously doubt that LPP caused the death of your phone. Then again, nothing shocks me with Moto, either. Was that wrong to use "shock" in the Electrify forum?

Trollface.png

You just trolled.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones