1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Slice it! requesting super user

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by OrangeRange, Feb 12, 2011.

1. OrangeRange

OrangeRange Newbie

Before the update, I never got this.
    Now, after today's update.....it's asking for SU access. Why? Especially for an app with an absurd amount of ads popping up everywhere. Very suspicious.

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Free app with no need for root access, I would uninstall. Sounds like it is trying to do something it shouldn't.

3. OrangeRange

OrangeRange Newbie

I'm tending to agree with you, I kinda like the app but all those ads really annoyed me and asking for SU access? Forget that. Prolly emailing the dev at least. I'd buy it if there was a premium version.

4. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Just installed to check and it also requested root permission, installed and reported

5. gallandof

gallandof Android Expert

is this with the recent update? I use dto have this game and enver had issues, was a fun hametoo!

6. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I used to have it also and no issues so it must be a new update

7. OrangeRange

OrangeRange Newbie

Yeah, this update only happened today and I've been seeing others with this issue too.
    I emailed them about it, hoping they'll respond.

8. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert

It always makes me a little nervous the way that root permission apparently isn't declared in the Market the same way as other permissions. Nearly all developers put it in the app title or description if their app wants root access, but this is the second case I've heard of where one didn't, and it didn't become obvious until the app was run.

9. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Any word on why it was requesting root access?

10. UdvVrf

UdvVrf Newbie

Reported them to Google, hope they got their ass banned