1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Slidable part of layout

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by Jelmerholland, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Jelmerholland

Jelmerholland Lurker
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    Hi guys,

I have a question.

I made a .gif file to illustrate what I'd like to make and I hope you guys can help me out.

[​IMG]

So what I want is to scroll a part of the screen to the left and right. On the right part will be a graph, and on the green part will be text. So the user should have the ability to switch screens by dragging them left or right.

I searched for it on google and other forums. But I can't find anything usefull. I don't even know what the name of this 'effect' is and how I should create this.

So, please help out :)

Grtz,

Jelmer

Advertisement

2. DiscGolfer17

DiscGolfer17 Newbie
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    This sounds like the ViewFlipper is what you are looking for. Allows you to change the current view using animations to a specified view... If this doesn't suit your needs then you can always create a custom view to do this and do all the animation yourself in the onDraw() and manually set the view elements programmatically.

3. Jelmerholland

Jelmerholland Lurker
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    I guess not. You have the same on you iPhone/iPod touch. The main menu. You have little dots on the bottom, and when you slide from one screen to another, you see a smooth transition. And off course, the little dot's switch from active to no-active and so forth.

Also with Android. On your main screen. You have like 7 pages? (I don't have an android based phone ;) ) You can switch between them by sliding along the screen.

I was wondering if there is a default function for that. It doesn't have to be fancy. It just has to work :)

4. Jelmerholland

Jelmerholland Lurker
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    Any other solutions? It's our first app and we have to create this for our study (me and my other project members). So we hope that some of you guys could help us :)

grtz