• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Slide out keyboard wrong

mattle72

Lurker
Sep 6, 2010
Anyone know why my slide out keyboard is suddenly typing two different letters when I type or why the space button is backspacing?:mad:

I tried reflashing my phone with sprint's swupgrade tool. that didn't help.

Anything else anyone knows that I can do?

Thanks.

mattle:(

When this happened with my old Touch Pro, it was a sign that the keyboard connector was coming loose and eventualy failing entirely. It was a common problem with the Touch Pro, but keyboard problems seem rare with the Moment.

Just to be sure, do a hard reset- menu > Settings > Privacy > factory data reset

If a flash or hard reset didn't correct it, I would take it in to a repair center. You should still be under warranty. Good Luck.

Upvote 0
I know this is an old thread. But I made an account because I know the answer. Mine was doing the same thing. Just watch this video on youtube called

Sprint Samsung Moment Disassembly

(They won't let me post links in my first vid.) lol

Once you can see the hardware of the phone, you don't have to take anything else off. I'm not sure what the connectors are that you see right away, and I'm too lazy to check. lol But I just reconnected them and made sure that they were all in place and snug. I took the whole phone apart like in the vid! lol But I don't think you have too. Just that first part. I turned it back on after putting it back together and everything was working again with normal "one letter" typing and everything being right.

Hope that helps someone else too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones