• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slide Screen by Larva Labs: Home Replacement

alexhendershott

Dec 9, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I just found this on gizmodo this morning. Slide Screen is a new home replacement app that "creates a meaningful hierarchy out of a your information."

It's really quite awesome. I went ahead and bought the pro version. I've only been using it for about 2 hours or so, but if you enjoy organized information, this is fantastic.

Link to Slide Screen website: Slide Screen by Larva Labs

Link to Gizmodo post: SlideScreen Android App Replaces Homescreen With Beautiful Information - Slidescreen - Gizmodo

FREE Version (Contains ad on bottom):

chart

YouTube Video: YouTube - Quick Look: SlideScreen by Larva Labs

trying this now, it is very slick, i like it.

there are limitations that are deal breakers for me, hopefully thye will be deal with in an upgrade, but it is a nice system.

Yes, there are a few bugs. I have Remember the Milk linked with my Google Calendar and for whatever reason, Slide Screen is having some trouble with that. Also, I hope they let the user customize some of the screen in the future. Facebook would be another amazing addition to the screen.

I am a sucker for information organization and optimization. For v.1 though, I am very impressed.

Upvote 0
I tried this the other day. If you check out the site for the program, they have a good forum for giving the author feed back and he/she responds to a lot of them letting you know if it is something they think they may do or things they are currently working on. One of the biggest request, that they are working on is to make the app a widget. Another is to set items as read for sms, emails, news, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones