• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slide/Swype type keyboards

JKib

Feb 7, 2010
Swype, SlideIt, Shapewriter...

I've tried bunches of keyboards & really want to like the nontappers. I keep having a problem, though. It seems that sometimes my finger just won't slide! If I've just washed my hands or am cold or whatever, my finger will stutter/bounce.

IDK, maybe I keep my screen too clean.

Does anyone else have issues?

Swype, SlideIt, Shapewriter...

I've tried bunches of keyboards & really want to like the nontappers. I keep having a problem, though. It seems that sometimes my finger just won't slide! If I've just washed my hands or am cold or whatever, my finger will stutter/bounce.

IDK, maybe I keep my screen too clean.

Does anyone else have issues?

Are you using a screen protector? I found some of them have a 'gummy" feel not conducive to a keyboard like Swype (I used a Zagg and had that problem). Now I use a Boxwave protector with no problem and a smooth feel running great with Swype.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones