• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Wow, what do you know, samsung's plan is actually working :)

Samsung's Plan- Stop supporting Behold 2, then stop support and make a new phone that people will buy (samsung galaxy)

Its people like these that feed the bellies of deceitful companies. :(

I have more intel than you or any other average consumer, so I am making an informed decision. I hated Samsung because of the BH2 fiasco, but lets not forget that even the almighty HTC has screwed up as well.

The Galaxy S will be getting FroYo according to my source (who happens to be at corporate level), but will be shortly after release. Once that phone has 2.2, it won't be until a year later that Google releases another update. By that time, I will probably be upgrading again.

So the entire argument of Samsung support is moot regarding this phone.

Plus, I've said it before... this will be Samsung's first flagship phone. You know they'll be supporting it in hopes of competing against Apple.

Upvote 0
Well I have to give credit to where credit is due,

Samung is known for producing the fastest phones in the market.

The fastest phone to gain complaints.....

False statement. Simply your opinion.

the fastest phone to crash..........

You're kidding right?

the fastest phone to lose support...........

Now I'm starting to wonder if you actually know anything about Android.

the fastest phone to lose batter life.......

Now I'm convinced.

the fastest phone to be replaced by another better phone (in its own company)

Again, false statement.

There are some serious pancakes in this world. Hey dont i remember you from all the complaining of how bad the SAMSUNG behold II was?

mt3g slide is sure to make its peace in my world :)

Yes, I do hate what happened with the BH2 and I had the Slide for a week. The Slide was fast, but it's obviously made with shoddy construction. Your beloved HTC has a history of this. Their prized phone, the Nexus One, even has it's fair share of structural problems.

I hate backing up Samsung because of this whole BH2 thing, but let's be honest, they're really no different than any company in the wireless business.

Upvote 0
k i went to tmo and they gladly replaced my phone with no questions really, but after one day, i can feel the screen moving up or down when i swipe through menus and stuff. its nothing major but its still enough to make me rethink about getting the slide and think about getting something else because this is my second slide and it has a similar problem as the first

Upvote 0
k i went to tmo and they gladly replaced my phone with no questions really, but after one day, i can feel the screen moving up or down when i swipe through menus and stuff. its nothing major but its still enough to make me rethink about getting the slide and think about getting something else because this is my second slide and it has a similar problem as the first

I also went through 2 slides because of this wobbling issue. After playing with multiple Droids that my friends have had since release, it really shows the bad construction of the Slide. The Droids are like rocks.

I don't mean to keep saying this over and over, I'm just letting you know that I went through the same problem. If you do a simple Google search, you'll see that this is easily the number one complaint about the phone. I don't understand how a mid-range device (processor and construction) comes with a high-end price. Yet people, especially former BH2 owners, seem to worship this company and label Samsung the worst company of all time.

Upvote 0
I also went through 2 slides because of this wobbling issue. After playing with multiple Droids that my friends have had since release, it really shows the bad construction of the Slide. The Droids are like rocks.

I don't mean to keep saying this over and over, I'm just letting you know that I went through the same problem. If you do a simple Google search, you'll see that this is easily the number one complaint about the phone. I don't understand how a mid-range device (processor and construction) comes with a high-end price. Yet people, especially former BH2 owners, seem to worship this company and label Samsung the worst company of all time.

OK, i'm not going to say anything mean today.

I do think that tmobile was aware of this wobbly issue, however, in the event to meet a deadline, and to actually make a profit, they pushed these phones when they weren't fully ready. Thats not to say that maybe after making a good profit, they might go back and actually fix the wobbling.

So there you go, I have proven that I can agree with spiz.

Upvote 0
OK, i'm not going to say anything mean today.

I do think that tmobile was aware of this wobbly issue, however, in the event to meet a deadline, and to actually make a profit, they pushed these phones when they weren't fully ready. Thats not to say that maybe after making a good profit, they might go back and actually fix the wobbling.

So there you go, I have proven that I can agree with spiz.

Yay! Apologies for the above posts, I was merely trying to point out that Samsung isn't really as bad as any of the other manufacturers. All of the big companies have done their fare share of screwing things up, it just happens that the latest big one was the BH2 fiasco.

I've also used the Slide and wasn't as impressed as others are, so I guess I'm just trying to leave my options open. Everyone gets to choose what they like, and I was just trying to give some insight after my experiences.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones