• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slight gap/opening when battery hatch is closed?

I noticed that even when my battery hatch is closed all the way (and yes, I definitely clicked it into position fully), there is still a small opening between the fake carbon backing (that comes off all the way when you access the battery) and the little plastic piece that slides up and down to allow the carbon backing to be removed.

On the top part, where the fake carbon backing meets the top part of the phone (the bit that has the camera on it), there is no such gap.

Does anyone else have this? Just want to make sure it's 'normal' and that I don't have my backing on improperly / a defective phone.

Thanks!

Hmm... Interesting.

In case I wasn't clear, you won't notice it if you look at the phone directly (so that the "Galaxy S" is facing you). Instead, you have to slant it so you are looking down the phone from the top -- so you can see the charger/headphone ports, can sort of see "Galaxy S" upside down, and then you can look at the space between the backing plate and the bottom piece that clicks in and out of place.

On mine there is a small opening, about the size of a fingernail there. Where the backing connects to the top piece where the camera is housed, though, there is no such gap...

Can anyone else confirm? If no one else has this I will go back to the store to check their display model myself. I am worried this might present a problem if dust / moisture / etc. can get in there...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones