• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Slimbean and AOKP 4.1.2 Messaging For Awe

Curtis1973

Android Expert
Jul 1, 2012
Greenville,SC USA
Stock Messaging Apps AOKP and Slimbean 4.1.2 from One V

Edited to work on stock deodexed rom by brittnearl. Cant assure you these will work on anything else.

1. Back up your stock mms.apk
2. Use an app like root explorer to move the messaging app of your choice - renamed to Mms.apk to /system with permissions set to rw-r-r.
3. Reboot to recovery and clear cache/dalvik-cache.
4. Reboot to rom and give the app a try.

The aokp variant comes from HTC One V AOKP 4.1.2 by rukin and used with permission.

The slimbean variant comes from my slimbean build restore with all original build permissions coming from Llior.

Of note: The stock zte awe mms.apk contains mms apn settings that are sprint pcs and not virgin mobile. Not sure a custom apn for the roms using the sprint pcs mms apns will resolve the apn issues but it may. Worth a look to anyone interested.

For those that want,you can use Winrar to add these to the stock rom by opening the rom with winrar and dragging the mms app of choice..renamed properly of course..to the /system folder to over write the original. Winrar will ask what compression settings - normal or store work fine.

Attachments

• Mms_AOKP_4.1.2.apk
    2.2 MB · Views: 108
  • Mms_Slimbean_4.1.2.apk
    3 MB · Views: 129
going to do some decompiling later to see what itson has to do with carrier as well as the chameleonprovider app. might be a wild goose chase but might not be

"ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310000
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Chameleon
ro.itson.path=/carrier/itson/resources/"
Yeah I looked at my Nexus for a comparison and it lists the carrier name versus another system app. So I decompiled & looked at the mmsconfig.smali on the stock app and chameleon provider/manager is mentioned several times starting at line 71. I'm thinking there's got to be some relevance... For stock rom MMS issues anyway.

Upvote 0
going to do some decompiling later to see what itson has to do with carrier as well as the chameleonprovider app. might be a wild goose chase but might not be

"ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310000
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Chameleon
ro.itson.path=/carrier/itson/resources/"
I removed all remnants of itson from my roms... As far as chameleon apk im gonna do some digging as removing it add some relevant options to settings
22d1c17692442b152efb888822cf0d80.jpg

Upvote 0
Quick question fellas. Is the emode app needed in system? Going to dump it along with chameleon. Still trying to work out a bug Ive encountered where the camera and gallery force closes systemui. Im using a background image for the status bar and i know that's whats causing it,but it only causes it when i try to use another mod that centers the clock and uses another image to make sure the notifications dont overlap the clock. Once i get that sorted out. I may be able to go semi transparent status bar. The in app transparency issue will be an issue though...may just skip the transparency stuff.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones