1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Slimport output, way to change resolution?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rubejb, Jan 10, 2014.

1. rubejb

rubejb Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    I bought a Slimport adapter to use with my 2013 N7. I connect it to my generic brand TV and it works great. But when I try to connect it to an older Samsung 46" TV, I get "no signal detected".

If I disconnect it and reconnect the cable, I'll get it to flash "Mode not Supported" or something along those lines. So I'm assuming it doesn't support whatever the output resolution is.

Does anyone know if there's an app or way to change the resolution that the slimport outputs at? Or would I have to change the resolution of the actual tablet (if that's possible?) to get it to work.

Or am I just out of luck?

I've done a lot of searching around and it seems that many people are having trouble with Slimport and Samsung.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    There are very few specs on the Slimport, but it appears to mirror the screen's video at 1080p or 720p, depending on the phone's screen. If the TV is only capable of 720p and the tablet has higher resolution, they won't work.

How to change the screen resolution of Android/Tabled ? | Computer Fundamentals claims to have an app that will change the DPI, which will change the resolution. I downloaded it, and the apk file is fine, but I didn't install it or run it. (It just makes a change to a system file.)

rubejb likes this.
  3. rubejb

rubejb Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    Thanks for the help.

I've got a computer hooked up to my Samsung TV that I use for gaming, and I've found that it won't display certain resolutions (it gives the 'Mode not Supported' message). So I'm thinking the issue is that it can't do the 2013 N7's res, which I think is 1920X1200.

Granted, I probably don't want to change the resolution permanently, so even if I can get it to display on my TV with this hack, I may not really use it. But thanks for showing it to me, I'll give it a shot!