1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Slingbox 3g issue, crap scam customer service!! See here

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by frankkduf, Jun 7, 2011.

1. frankkduf

None

Feb 17, 2011
    Hey guys, thats pretty funny, last year I bought a sling solo for 200 buck and a 30$ app, now its working fine over wifi on my nexus s, but not in 3g! My 3g is full, tested and i get a faster connection through 3g than wifi (4500 vs 4000) and the streaming is so buggy in 3g! so i tried to contacted them and please see this conversation it is pretty funny please comment and have fun guys!

Chat customer support here:

18:03 Federico: Thank you for contacting Sling Media Technical Support. My name is Federico. Which product are you looking for support on today?
    18:04 Francis Dufour: hi, I was with you some minutes ago but the chatting app crashed, so my issue was about the app of slingplayer
    18:04 Federico: Hello Francis
    18:04 Federico: Yes, we saw that
    18:04 Federico: Are you having a technical issue with the Android phone?
    18:05 Francis Dufour: so when you use the app through wifi it work just fine, but when you turn off wifi and use it through 3g its not working good/buggy and the 3g connection is pretty fast
    18:07 Federico: I understand the problem that you are having in regards that you can't connect anymore over the 3G network
    18:07 Federico: I just checked in our system and since your Slingbox and Sling Player application products are older than 90 days then the only way to receive technical support from Sling Media via email, voice and chat is getting the Per Incident Support Agreement.

Sling Media Support - Sling Media Paid Support Offerings

With the Slingbox Solo, you still have the option to get the Extended Warranty for $49.99 because you are within the one year of hardware warranty that every Slingbox has, this will cover 3 years of technical support and any hardware issues you may have with your Slingbox.

The Pay Per Incident Agreement has a price is $29.99 and it will be per call, per issue. If you like to purchase this plan, I would suggest you to contact us at 1-877- 467- 5464 to proceed with the order since, for security reasons, we do not take credit card information via chat.
    18:09 Francis Dufour: wtf? you want your customer to buy a 200$ slingbox and then let them with a poor app issue without helping them! wow
    18:11 Federico: I understand you Francis but we are following the procedures of the company
    18:14 Francis Dufour: can you refund me my 30$ app i bought... because its not working properly and you dont want help..
    18:16 Federico: You will need to contact the Android Market Place directly but they refund the money within the first 15 minutes
    18:16 Federico: since you make the purchase
    18:17 Francis Dufour: yes but the company should provide a full refund when they sell a scam service
    18:17 Federico: We are not scamming people, we are just following the procedures and your Slingbox and application are out of the 90 days of free assistance
    18:18 Federico: We can offer you a PO Box in order for you to send a formal complaint
    18:22 Francis Dufour: I would just tell them that the company suck because they cant help people with issue with their product, this should be a basic principle from a company to help their costumer with issue!
    18:24 Francis Dufour: a issue with the slingbox.. I can understand , but a issue with the app , a unstable thing that is subject to bug from an android update to an other it is realy sucking!
    18:24 Federico: I do respect your position Sir, however, we're just following the company policies.
    18:26 Francis Dufour: Could you just help me kindly by telling to the android app develloper departement that the app is no longer working good over 3g! i love slingbox but now i just know that the company is scamming costomer!
    18:27 Federico: No, unfortunately I can't do it.
    18:29 Francis Dufour: why? why you take your job so seriously? you probably earns the minimum wage.. why should you so involve in this scamming policy
    18:30 Francis Dufour: If I were you I would be so friendly with people and trying to help them as much as i could
    18:32 Federico: Francis, I'm giving you the options that I can, I would recommend you to consider those options since it's what we can provide.
    18:35 Francis Dufour: what the COMPANY can provide, but you personally think that you got a nexus s, bought a 200$ slingbox and 30$ app and now get nothing, what would you think about that poor policy and the poor chatting guy that take his job too seriously.. you could just help me outside of all this fuc*** policy!
    18:36 Federico: I can help you out, once you get one of the Support options that you have.
    18:36 Federico: Thanks for contacting Sling Media tech support, enjoy the rest of your day.
    18:36 Francis Dufour: i havent finished
    18:36 Francis Dufour: do not cut my speech
    18:38 Federico: I've provided the options that we can provide, unfortunately we're running in circles right now, please consider one of those options, if you decide to get one, then feel free to give us a call back.
    18:38 Francis Dufour: why would i have to pay to get help that i should have been provided since i gived already a 230 dollar
    18:39 Federico: Since your Slingbox and Sling Player application products are older than 90 days then the only way to receive technical support from Sling Media via email, voice and chat is getting the Per Incident Support Agreement.
    18:40 Francis Dufour: I have a question , do you know the guy at app development or something?
    18:41 Francis Dufour: I would just say to the app developing team that the app is no longer working without it cost to me 50 buck more!
    18:41 Federico: Francis in case you want to place a complaint, then you can use the Customer Service PO Box.
    18:44 Francis Dufour: would you like a bribe, you could tell to the app devellopment that app as this issue and also tell to the boss that they so freaking suck with their policy seriously!?
    18:44 Federico: You can complain through PO Box directly Francis
    18:45 Francis Dufour: i dont want to wast a 50 Cent letter for that
    18:45 Federico: We already provided to you all the options available Francis but we can't provide you free assistance anymore
    18:46 Francis Dufour: if i give you 100 buck through paypal would you kick the ass of the boss haha

please guys past it all over the web, i dont want any of you getting issue with the app, and then get stock there with a 30$ lost + 200$ too
    And if someone know a way to let the app think it is on wifi when it is on 3g so i will get reed off that issue let me know!

Advertisement

2. Martin J

Martin J Member
    None

Mar 18, 2010
    Chester, UK
    Really? It doesn't do you many favours.

3. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me
    None

Mar 10, 2010
    Studying
    Qu
    I don't think anything good will come from that thread, hence the lock.

It's not exactly the tone we would like the forums to have.

Tags: