• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Slingbox and the INC.

wk21030

Jan 8, 2011
first off i see all these old posts for slingbox and none for the Incredible.

wifi is fine but 3G won't connect at all. i let two different techs connect remotely and the 2nd tech said he'll forward it up and that it's something about the packets and he couldn't change the packets. Anyone have any clue what's going on? I paid $30 for this app and i want it to work :( wonders if i had kept my iphone had this happened.

I use SlingPlayer on the Dinc also. I listen to tv while commuting into to work. It does work. I have had one problem where it would locate the slingbox but was unable to connect. When I got home, I did a remote connect from a computer then interrupted it with the Dinc and it worked again. Maybe it was some type of service outage. It happened on 2-14-11 at about 4:30pm pacific time.

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear about these issues you are having. I have been using Slingplayer on my Inc. since the minute it came out. I have never had issues using it on either 3G or Wifi. Maybe try uninstalling the app and reinstalling, or clear the data/cache in the app.

Oh btw, easy with the *phone jab. Not a good way to get help on this forum

Upvote 0
one note, i had been having problems connecting to my slingbox for a while and never bothered to figure it out (i only use it really during baseball season). this weekend i was researching, and found that i had to forward port 5001 on my router to the slingbox...as soon as i did that, i was able to connect and it has been flawless since (knock on wood). just wanted to throw that in here in case anyone is still having issues...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones